Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Pa archery

Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Spike

Default Pa archery

PA archery season is almost here... cant wait
Old 09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Spike

It started on Saturday for those hunting in 2B, 5C and 5D for anterless deer.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

i see a lot of archery hunters putting up treestands.i had to tell some you cant put apples out for deer now, most dont know this .its 30 days before opener.i dont know if its crossbows or just trying to get deer before gun season but i am seeing a lot of interest.1 group got 6 bear last year with bows before the gun bear season.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

I'm just taking a nonchalant attitude about it this year. Couldn't care less about it. Not washing my clothes, haven't hung any stands, haven't shaved my noggin, been walking around the gas station with my hunting boots on, broadheads ain't sharpened yet, pulled my trailcam a few weeks ago, haven't been scouting, haven't even taken a good long pee in a scrape yet.

I think this year, I'm just gonna put a pair of blue jeans on over top a pair of stinky underwear with a red chamois shirt, grab my stickbow and my new SitDrag drag contraption, go set somewhere close to the road and light up a great big fat cigar and just enjoy the living hell out myself. Deer be damned.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

Try some apple-flavored ceegars.

Don't think I've ever killed a deer regardless of what fer implement of destruction I was carrying at the time, that I hadn't recently been puffin' on a cig? Even had to spit one out a time or two, to shoot.

Closest thing I do for scent control, is to scuff-up the leaves/dirt around a ground stand, or crush some hemlock boughs when under a hemlock.

Maybe I just smell like wet oats most of the time?
Old 09-26-2009, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ManySpurs
I'm just taking a nonchalant attitude about it this year. Couldn't care less about it. Not washing my clothes, haven't hung any stands, haven't shaved my noggin, been walking around the gas station with my hunting boots on, broadheads ain't sharpened yet, pulled my trailcam a few weeks ago, haven't been scouting, haven't even taken a good long pee in a scrape yet.

I think this year, I'm just gonna put a pair of blue jeans on over top a pair of stinky underwear with a red chamois shirt, grab my stickbow and my new SitDrag drag contraption, go set somewhere close to the road and light up a great big fat cigar and just enjoy the living hell out myself. Deer be damned.

Cmon MS! Think of your fellow hunters. Iff'n we get an east wind yer gonna spook our deer down here in 2B!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

top archery shop said he is selling 9 crossbows vrs 1 compound now and a year ago it was reverse.he also stated the crossbow should have its own season, the first 2 weeks of archery, i agree on that too.most are people who never archery hunted or are out of shape and dont want to get in shape to pull a compound bow.others have already had crossbow from years ago.but most of ones buying a crossbow in his shop are people who never archery hunted or stopped years ago or dont want to take time to practice with compound.

this is what i am seeing also, most of hunters i see with crossbow already are people who never were any good hunting with or without bow.thats about what i figured was to happen.no doubt the 50 yd shots will happen because most dont care.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Cmon MS! Think of your fellow hunters. Iff'n we get an east wind yer gonna spook our deer down here in 2B!
Have no fear. If there's an easternly wind I'll be 20 feet up, smelling as clean as a whistle, spittin' out pumpkin seed shells instead of puffing a ceeegar as I wait on Mr Big to come venturing along.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Have no fear. If there's an easternly wind I'll be 20 feet up, smelling as clean as a whistle, spittin' out pumpkin seed shells instead of puffing a ceeegar as I wait on Mr Big to come venturing along.

Thanks Bud! You had us worried out here in the west!

We're open for does here already but I havent gone out yet. I'll shoot does when I do get out, we have plenty here, but it's been stinkin hot till now and even when it cooled down, there were some things that needed handled around the house and with the family so they wouldnt come up later when the hunting will be better.

Just checked for the morning, temp will still be 60 at daybreak and the wind aint quite right either. Think I'll just wait.
Old 09-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

The first deer I ever shot was a very long time ago, with a borrowed Marlin 336 35 rem. I was all of 15 years old and I was smoking a cherry blend cigar under a hemlock tree in a laurel thicket in a sleet storm. I didn't sleep one minute the night before. When the "old guys" were getting up for breakfast at 4:30 am, us kids were still sitting at the kitchen table shooting the ****. Go figure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.