Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ny non-resident lic >

ny non-resident lic

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny non-resident lic

Old 09-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Spike

Default ny non-resident lic

Has anyone bought a non res license. I asked a guy @ dicks sporting goods and he wasnt sure if i was supposed to pay the $140 bowhunting and then another $140 big game, or if it was just $140? All I want to do is bowhunt deer. Any info thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:13 AM
Spike

My first answer would have been yes but after checking the regulations it seems that the non resident hunters would only need the bow license for bow hunting privliges. see the difference in the regs for resident to non resident

Bowhunting Privilege
(must be accompanied by valid big game license)
16–69 Yrs. $21

Qualifications:
Current year license to hunt big game, PLUS Acceptable Bowhunter Education Certificate, OR
NYS Bowhunting Stamp issued in 1980 or later, OR NYS Jr. Bowhunting License issued in 1980 or later.

Privileges:
Hunt deer and bear with bow only during bowhunting season.

NOTE:
Residents hunting bear or deer with a bow during the regular season must possess both a valid big game
license and either a current bowhunting privilege or a valid bowhunter education certificate. This includes Westchester

and Suffolk counties.

Nonresident Bowhunting 16+ Yrs. $140
Qualifications:
Hunter Education Certificate, OR previous hunting license PLUS Acceptable Bowhunter
Education Certificate, OR NYS Bow Stamp issued 1980 or later, OR NYS Junior Bowhunting License issued
1980 or later, OR NYS Nonresident Bowhunting or Super Sportsman (1993 or later).

Privileges:
Hunt deer only with a bow only during bowhunting seasons. Includes the regular season in

Westchester County (WMU 3S) and Suffolk County (WMU 1C).
Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

All you need is the bowhunting for $140.00.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Spike

I get the supersportsmens every year but I'm pretty sure you need only the archery ($140?)
Old 09-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

$140 for archery and $140 for Gun or get the sportsman for $280 I think. Don't forget the $10 DMP.