Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Just over 100K doe tags left in PA >

Just over 100K doe tags left in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Just over 100K doe tags left in PA

Old 09-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

That your observations on 2F are based solely on what you've read and on your interperetation of what you've rea
But the simple fact is that the your observations in 2F and my opinions of the situation in 2F,which are based on PGC data, have no effect on how the PGC manages the herd.

But the PGC data shows that herd health is worse in 2F than in 2G and that forest health in 2F is still only rated as fair,when the goal is to have good forest health. So can you explain why the PGC isn't trying to reduce the herd in 2F?
Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by bluebird2
But the simple fact is that the your observations in 2F and my opinions of the situation in 2F,which are based on PGC data, have no effect on how the PGC manages the herd.

But the PGC data shows that herd health is worse in 2F than in 2G and that forest health in 2F is still only rated as fair,when the goal is to have good forest health. So can you explain why the PGC isn't trying to reduce the herd in 2F?

Asked and asnwered by folks better at this than me and you have yet to accept much of anything from the people who do this stuff for a living. There's no point in trying to explain it to you again. You simply cant see any viewpoint other than your own.

You've even told us that Dr James C Kroll deer management research is wrong!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Asked and asnwered by folks better at this than me and you have yet to accept much of anything from the people who do this stuff for a living. There's no point in trying to explain it to you again. You simply cant see any viewpoint other than your own.
That's simply not true. No one has provided a logical answer to that question . Even Dr. Rosenberry didn't have the answer when I ask him that question at an open house.

No, I did not say Dr. Kroll's research was wrong. I said that his research showed that spikes were inferior for the rate of antlered development,which means that in a heavily hunted herd , the average 2.5+ buck would be smaller with ARs than the average 2.5 buck in a non-AR herd.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Simply not ture.

You simply didn't like the answer you got.

Just like you don't like what most current professional wildlife biologists tell us,
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You simply didn't like the answer you got.
You weren't there so you do not know how Dr. Rosenberry answered the question, yet you make up lies about something you know nothing about. The fact is that Dr. Rosenberry said he would have to check into why the 2F and 2G were being managed at much different deer densities, so I never got an answer to the question.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wasnt talking about what Rosenberry did or didnt say to you personally. You were also answered here. You simply dismissed the answer just as you dismiss most of the relevant science about deer management.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

RSB's answer made absolutely no sense considering the pGC data that shows herd health is much better in 2G than in 2F. Since herd health is an indicator of the quality of the habitat, it is silly to claim that the habitat in 2F can support more deer than the habitat in 2G.

BTW, it is interesting that you apparently believe a WCO knows the answer ,when the head of the DM team couldn't answer the question.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

Do all of pa's tags sell out?