Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Crossbow Season Update from PGC Meeting Today >

Crossbow Season Update from PGC Meeting Today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbow Season Update from PGC Meeting Today

Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Cornelius08
EXACTLY bluebird. Some of us have been saying these people couldnt care less about hunters and hunting for years. Theyve proven it over and over again. Course some only see it after theyve been PERSONALLY slapped in the face by them.
And some just stay in denial and cant keep their personal failures out of every thread on here.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the individual hunter responsible for the fact that the buck harvest dropped from 203k in 2001 to 122K in 2008 or is the PGC responsible for that decrease?
Old 09-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by FiveMiler
What a shame. 6 full weeks of a season with a superior weapon
I know several people who ran to the doctor claiming they had bad shoulders when they found out you could use one if you had a disability. It only took one season for them to find out it did not give them any advantage over a good compound bow. Now their crossbows hang in the garage collecting dust. I still think it is going to be a passing fad and the only ones who are going to benefit are the ones selling them.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Cry Cry Cry the Xbow is no better then the bow.I hunt with a Xbow and hate it i can not hit a deer with it.Boy i wish i could use a compound again.I missed the last 6 that i shot at with the Xbow.So stop crying about the Xbow and just be glad you can hunt with a compound
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Im a hunter from ohio that hunts in PA as well. I'm 19 years old but have a shoulder problem that will eventually need surgery. somedays I can pull my 70 # compound, but some days I cant. So I got a crossbow and I'll tell you honestly, I can stack arrows on top of each other with my compound. and with a $350 Xbow I dont get anywhere close to that accuracy. There is really no range advantage either.

People will buy these crossbows, not practice and than go out and miss or wound deer. and in a year or two will realize that there is no advantage. The only way I see it affecting bow season is that their will be a few more hunters out there. But only ones that are dedicated because shooting a crossbow does take practice, just like a normal bow.
-Jake
Old 09-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala

People will buy these crossbows, not practice and than go out and miss or wound deer. and in a year or two will realize that there is no advantage.
-Jake
Exactly, then hang them up or sell them. Either way I don't see the herds getting wiped out by the crossbow anytime soon.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Maverick 1
I am curious. Where does this statistic come from?

Anybody care to respond?
Old 09-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

they won't maverick because it is 90% of some number of hunters on some UBP poll that responded. It sone of those bogus numbers they love to flaunt at everyone. It is the Obama/Democrat tactic. False hoods!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

That number came from a commissioner at the Jan meeting.He claimed 90% of the correspondence he recieved was against full inclusion.that doesn't mean 90% of bowhunters or hunters for that matter were against full inclusion.It means 90% of the people that bothered to contact him were against it.Me personally,I'm against full inclusion 100% but I won't lose any sleep over it.Anterless allocations control the antlerless harvest and with the decrease in bowhunters over the past decade,I don't see any or not much impact.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

"And some just stay in denial and cant keep their personal failures out of every thread on here."

Not sure if you were referring to bb or I, but I guess it doesnt really matter. It was a personal jab made out of clear frustration by you at the antics of the Pa Greed Commission. Now you know how many hundreds of thousands have felt toward the likes of "Dr." Alt, Pallone, Schleiden and the whole rest of the den of skunks, including some of the new recruits.

YOU brought up the issue of pgc NOT LISTENING to hunters. You yourself said for you it wasnt the crossbow as the main issue but the not taking hunters into consideration. Therefore bb simply pointed out the obvious. Didnt take a &^%$# genius to figure that out after the last decade. Instead of attacking fellow hunters you should put some of that venom where it belongs and shouldve been all along instead of attacking fellow hunters for stating the obvious and fighting against a VERY hunter nonfriendly econut commission.

Last edited by Cornelius08; 09-04-2009 at 03:46 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.