Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
How many of you plan on shooting does >

How many of you plan on shooting does

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How many of you plan on shooting does

Old 09-27-2009, 05:32 AM
Fork Horn

Meat first, trophy buck second in our household. Plus up here in stlawrence county the doe to buck ratio is out of wack. So ill take atleast one maybe two.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I plan on it for sure! I got one DMP this year, also have an antlerless bow tag...so at least 2 does.....they are the best eating!
Old 09-29-2009, 09:28 PM
Spike

I'll be taking a doe this year unless I see a buck thats a shooter. I have 1 DMP for 3J in addition to my bow lic.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 AM
Fork Horn

I am seeing a ton on my trail cameras. I think my buck to doe ratio is in trouble. The does are over populating my area. So it is time to release the ol meat missle and pop em..
Old 09-30-2009, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I killed 6 dmap doe in 2G and this year I plan on taking at least that many.The herd has increased in every area where I hunt and the habitat was just just starting to recover from years of way too many deer.Last year I saw 2 other hunters during rifle season.I have no issues and feel no guilt shooting does where the habitat is poor or just starting to recover.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am gonna kill a whole pile of them.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
Last year I killed 6 dmap doe in 2G and this year I plan on taking at least that many.The herd has increased in every area where I hunt and the habitat was just just starting to recover from years of way too many deer.Last year I saw 2 other hunters during rifle season.I have no issues and feel no guilt shooting does where the habitat is poor or just starting to recover.
As I said before , you are benefiting from the fact that the low deer numbers and reduced doe tags drove a lot of hunters from 2G, just like it did at KQDC
And ,BTW the PGC says the forest health in 2G decreases from 42% in 2004 to 38% in 2008. That is not an indication of recovering forest habitat.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Banned

No does for me or our crew except for a few of the kids who'll probably take one apiece if they dont first get a buck.

Deer herd is way down. I see no reason to add even more to a miserably failed deer program.

If/when the deer management becomes "normalized" with the herd level and responsible defendable allocations, We'll then maybe shoot a doe apiece with flinter in late season something we always enjoyed getting together and doing. Till then, as the last several years, buck only. Plenty of others will kill doe, and thats fine, as some need to be harvested.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bluebird2
As I said before , you are benefiting from the fact that the low deer numbers and reduced doe tags drove a lot of hunters from 2G, just like it did at KQDC
And ,BTW the PGC says the forest health in 2G decreases from 42% in 2004 to 38% in 2008. That is not an indication of recovering forest habitat.

Apparently the plots the PGC are surveying aren't near the areas where I'm hunting.Tell me again how less hunters benefits me.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

5 tags for me, plus maybe a few nusiance tags to help out a farmer customer. I give away a lot of packaged meat. I will be planning on filling most of the tags and holding out for that big one out there somewhere!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.