Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
ny, green vs sullvan vs dutches >

ny, green vs sullvan vs dutches

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ny, green vs sullvan vs dutches

Old 08-04-2009, 04:28 PM
Spike

Default ny, green vs sullvan vs dutches

I was invited to hunt a club in green co. I now hunt in dutches and sullvan and seen sum nice bucks. I have bin told green co has biger bucke it's ferther north . Is this tru? What do you think ? Do you hunt in green co? How is the hunting up thair?
Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

All three have good hunting. Much more public land in Greene and Sullivan than Dutchess though.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Spike

I live in Green county and I don't think that the bucks here are that great. There are some nice bucks taken in the county every year but there are better counties to the south and east of Green. I think Dutchess is better than Green. Just my opinion.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Spike

Thanks. How is the hunting by cornwallville? The club is in cornwallville.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Spike

I guess that it is ok. Green county in general doesn't have much in the way of great food sources. Not a lot of farms over here. The hunting can be slow at times. Some parts of the county are better than others.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of the three I've only hunted Green a few times years back.At that time it looked good to me.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Fork Horn

I've hunted both Green and Sullivan counties. Sullivan and Dutchess are better hunting then Green.

But as someone mentioned. Some parts of Green are better then others. Hunting in the valley near Durham is much better then the mountain areas of Jewtt or Hunter....lot less food and harder hunting in Green County
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Spike

I agree with the last post. Hunting up on the mountain like in Hunter or the Windham area can be tough. Not bad for bears up there though. Need to find some apple trees or something like that to hunt around.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Spike

Default hunt

Originally Posted by db73
I agree with the last post. Hunting up on the mountain like in Hunter or the Windham area can be tough. Not bad for bears up there though. Need to find some apple trees or something like that to hunt around.
Thank you , Yes the palce is next to windham. He sed lots of bears and I seen a photo of a 16 point buck he got but thats his buck of a life time. I was thinking it's farther north so the bucks would be biger?
Old 08-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Spike

Good quality food helps them grow big racks. My friends dad used to butcher deer at his house and all of the real nice ones I saw came from Columbia and Dutchess counties. I have seen some real nice ones from Green county but they are few and far between.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.