Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Hey RSB, How Much Would This Cost a GUY? >

Hey RSB, How Much Would This Cost a GUY?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hey RSB, How Much Would This Cost a GUY?

Old 06-29-2009, 05:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hey RSB, How Much Would This Cost a GUY?

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

Once again your tunnel vision prevents you from seeing the benefits good habitat has on small game populations.
Yup. Without all them wabbits, the deer have nothing to eat.[]

That solves my rabbit mystery, I have way to many deer.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Unfortunately all the efforts of the volunteers are negated, when it comes to deer, because the SGLs are being managed at much lower DDs than the MSY CC of the SGLs,so the DCNR can get the regeneration they want without fencing.
Once again your tunnel vision prevents you from seeing the benefits good habitat has on small game populations.

I haven't heard of grouse killing any fawns or even rabbits chewing on them.[]
I qualified my post to limit my comments to benefiting deer, so your comment is totally irrelevant and misguided.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Unfortunately all the efforts of the volunteers are negated, when it comes to deer, because the SGLs are being managed at much lower DDs than the MSY CC of the SGLs,so the DCNR can get the regeneration they want without fencing.

I haven't heard of grouse killing any fawns or even rabbits chewing on them.[]
I qualified my post to limit my comments to benefiting deer, so your comment is totally irrelevant and misguided.
So once again I am spot on with my tunnel vision comment. You are to blinded by bitterness to accept the fact that good habitat is the key to all wildlife, be it deer or grouse habitat is the key, open your eyes, you might be surprised what you could see if you just looked.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually you were totally out in left field and not even in the ball game. Improved habitat on SGLs will only result in more deer if the PGC reduces doe tags and allows the herd to increase. While the improved habitat may definitely benefit other species it won't have a significant impact on the deer since they already have all the food they need to be happy and healthy.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

That solves my rabbit mystery, I have way to many deer.
Well then. A cold blooded killer like me could very easily help restore the bunny population for you.[&:]
Old 06-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Actually you were totally out in left field and not even in the ball game. Improved habitat on SGLs will only result in more deer if the PGC reduces doe tags and allows the herd to increase. While the improved habitat may definitely benefit other species it won't have a significant impact on the deer since they already have all the food they need to be happy and healthy.

That not only isn’t true it is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen anyone make. It just proves beyond any doubt that you are totally clueless about the wildlife/habitat and food relationships.

I simply don’t know how to address the habitat/population density issue where a person is that uninformed or irrational. We can get ten years olds to understand it, but I guess you truly are even below that level of logic or learning ability.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ManySpurs

Yup. Without all them wabbits, the deer have nothing to eat.[]

deer eating rabbit, now i have seen everything.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

That not only isn’t true it is one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen anyone make. It just proves beyond any doubt that you are totally clueless about the wildlife/habitat and food relationships.
Even a blithering idiot knows that the reason the HR plan was implemented is because the harvest of 505K deer in 2000 only kept the herd stable. That is not the sign of an unhealthy herd , but an indication of a herd that was very healthy and very productive. Since then, breeding rates have decreased by 5% and productivity has also decreased. That is clear evidence that when we had 1.6M deer the herd was below the MSY CC of the habitat.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Even a blithering idiot knows that the reason the HR plan was implemented is because the harvest of 505K deer in 2000 only kept the herd stable. That is not the sign of an unhealthy herd , but an indication of a herd that was very healthy and very productive. Since then, breeding rates have decreased by 5% and productivity has also decreased. That is clear evidence that when we had 1.6M deer the herd was below the MSY CC of the habitat.
Every time you post something like this all I can picture is the little man behind the curtain in the wizard of OZ.
Why you simply don't understand that you and those like you are a very small percentage of the states population that feel deer numbers should be managed at the maximum sustained yield so that you might actually be able to find one.
So blinded by hate to admit that all of the states wildlife needs a home and cover to survive. Grouse numbers are at an all time low, predators in ever increasing numbers prey on them 24/7 because of habitat destruction and very little ground cover. Groundnesting birds such as mallard ducks and turkeys are having very little success because of predation from coons, opossums and avian predators because of limited nesting habitat.
And to top that off why don't you support lowering the speed limits on state hwy's and and long prison terms for poachers as the two of them account for more dead deer than dmap tags.

BTW I love how you the 1.6 million deer number after whining for years that there is no proof that that figure was real.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why you simply don't understand that you and those like you are a very small percentage of the states population that feel deer numbers should be managed at the maximum sustained yield so that you might actually be able to find one.
I didn't say the herd should be managed at the MSY carrying capacity, I said that even when we had 1.6 M deer it was below the MSY CC, which means the habitat wasn't controlling the herd as RSB claims.

When we had 1.5 M PS deer that figure did not include the SRA counties and therefore it is quite reasonable to conclude we had around 1.6 M PSD in 2000.

Quick Reply: Hey RSB, How Much Would This Cost a GUY?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.