Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Are we losing sight? >

Are we losing sight?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Are we losing sight?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Are we losing sight?

I will post the pictures from today when a swarm of my bees left the hive and settled on a blue bird house with young ones I think the bees won.

We ain't got rats , shoot em all.

I did see three doe and a fawn..[:-][:-]
Old 06-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Banned

Gotta take at least one of those fawns out Jim (as well as half the rest of the herd). For god sake man, think of the trillium and hobblebush! What the hell are we gonna leave our kids and our kids kids if that damn woods wrecker takes one more bite out of the habitat?? The habitat that that mountain maggot consumes is gonna take rock bottom herd levels for the next 50 years to replace the damage!
Old 06-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Gotta take at least one of those fawns out Jim (as well as half the rest of the herd). For god sake man, think of the trillium and hobblebush! What the hell are we gonna leave our kids and our kids kids if that damn woods wrecker takes one more bite out of the habitat?? The habitat that that mountain maggot consumes is gonna take rock bottom herd levels for the next 50 years to replace the damage!
I'm selling out to Wal- Mart when I'm done .

The hell with deer I'm in it for the big bucks.[8D]
Old 06-27-2009, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

For god sake man, think of the trillium and hobblebush!
Somebody is thinking of it with a lot more pull and clout than hunters.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:13 AM
Banned

I agree, currently thats the case patsy. But dont let those limp wristed ecoflake sob sissies scare you. They can be thrown the hell out through the same door they snuck in.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

Pen Dot replaced a bridge close by me. They had to move the location and change the design because they found a turtle nest in the construction area. The change cost the taxpayer 800,000. This is the truth. I am for enviromental protection, but these people have way to much power. I would have moved the nest for $100,000.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

Making those comments just proves how little you know about the interactions between deer and the health of both the forest and the deer. It also shows that you have absolutely no idea what deer eat or how important it is to have good or abundant natural deer food if you expect to have lots of deer.

If our forests had any way near the amount of trillium and hobblebush they should have we could support at least twice and probably three or more times as many deer as a forest without those species.

Furthermore, foresters could give two hoots about either of those species since they NEVER produce one single cent of timber or commercial value to anyone. The only benefit either species have is as a wildlife benefit that is used almost exclusively by the white-tail deer as food.

The plan and simple fact is that people like you have no clue about how the forest or deer should be managed for the benefit of anything. You and people like you simply aren’t knowledgeable, or perhaps smart enough, to understand that the health of the forest and the number of deer are not two separate unrelated issues. If you want to have high, or even moderate, deer numbers anyone with half a functioning brain cell should be able to figure out that you have the MOST DEER where you have the healthiest forest. A healthy forest in this part of the state will have a good supply of both trillium and hobblebush, and if it had a healthy supply of both of those species we would have tons more deer that could be sustained in that healthy forest habitat for a long, long time.

You need to learn at least a little bit about what you are blabbering about because you are doing little more then proving how little you know and out of touch you are with nature. I very seriously doubt if you even have any idea what a hobblebush is, yet you have decided they aren’t important. You are simply displaying a profound level of ignorance of the value of those species to the white-tail deer.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Old 06-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

You and people like you simply aren’t knowledgeable, or perhaps smart enough, to understand that the health of the forest and the number of deer are not two separate unrelated issues. If you want to have high, or even moderate, deer numbers anyone with half a functioning brain cell should be able to figure out that you have the MOST DEER where you have the healthiest forest.
Wrong again sport. The PGC says there is no direct correlation between herd health and forest health, forest health is simply a measure of the forests ability to regenerate the existing canopy species. herd health is a measure of the productivity of the herd which is based on the carrying capacity of all the habitat the deer use , not just forested habitat. To prove my point , 5C has the poorest forest health yet it has the second highest harvest rate in the state. But. 2B which has the highest harvest rate in the state has a regeneration rate that is twice that of 5C.

Therefore, there is no correlation between forest health and herd health.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

You and people like you simply aren’t knowledgeable, or perhaps smart enough, to understand that the health of the forest and the number of deer are not two separate unrelated issues. If you want to have high, or even moderate, deer numbers anyone with half a functioning brain cell should be able to figure out that you have the MOST DEER where you have the healthiest forest.
Wrong again sport. The PGC says there is no direct correlation between herd health and forest health, forest health is simply a measure of the forests ability to regenerate the existing canopy species. herd health is a measure of the productivity of the herd which is based on the carrying capacity of all the habitat the deer use , not just forested habitat. To prove my point , 5C has the poorest forest health yet it has the second highest harvest rate in the state. But. 2B which has the highest harvest rate in the state has a regeneration rate that is twice that of 5C.

Therefore, there is no correlation between forest health and herd health.
After this statement maybe you won't be so quick to take people out of context any more.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bawanajim,

Hey, just want to say. nice piece of property you got there.

Really, I mean that. You got something to be proud of there.

Looks like a nice place to get away from it all.

Quick Reply: Are we losing sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.