Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How reliable are all these PA deer polls >

How reliable are all these PA deer polls

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How reliable are all these PA deer polls

Old 06-18-2009, 04:37 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How reliable are all these PA deer polls

As I said before, the hunting is like when I started in the early 70s and better than when my dad and uncles hunted the big woods in the 40s.

Pretty much my experiences over the past 49 seasons in the same areas. Fewer deer now than in the late 90s, far more nowthan we had in the 60s and 70s. I'm having no problems adapting to current numbers. Have already transitioned from few deer, to lots and back to some again. Fine with me.

The bottom line is the easy killing of the 90s spoiled alot of hunters and they can't or won't adapt to new hunting tatics.

Pretty much how I see things.Those who areunhappy today,won't adapt to fewer deer,because they came to feel they were entitled to thosehigher numbers.

Many in my generationwho huntedduring theyears with low deer numbers, got used to thosehigher numbers and are mad about today'slower numbers. Many who started hunting during the years of high numbers, figure that's how it should still be.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

ORIGINAL: DennyF
If there were still plenty of deer around then hunters would still be harvesting over 200K buck like we did in 2000 and 2001. That is when we had plenty of deer around. Now we only have enough so we can harvest around a 120K buck.
Or 80k hunters better learn the skills and disipline to harvest those 2.5 yr+ bucks.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly PATS! That is the bottom line!
Old 06-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Given the choice of killing a 10" four,six or eight point almostevery yearlike we did in the "good old days" of high deer numbers...orhaving the chancefor an 18" or betterbuck now and then,asare fairlycommon today, I'll opt for the latter.

Have already passed on a few post-AR bucks that were as nice or better, than any I killed in the 70s, 80s and90s. Don't figure to change that approachanytime soon, just to up my buck totals.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty much how I see things. Those who are unhappy today, won't adapt to fewer deer, because they came to feel they were entitled to those higher numbers.
The issue isn't whether hunters were spoiled by high DDs in the past. The real issue is if the massive statewide HR was necessary based on the 3 reasons the PGC listed as the reasons why the herd had to be reduced: herd health, forest health and deer human conflicts.

Herd health decreased as the herd was reduced ,so that was not a valid reason for reducing the herd. Where the herd has been reduced the most,2G, forest health is still rated as poor ,so forest health was not a valid reason to reduce the herd. Deer human conflicts were low in 2G ,before HR began so that was not a valid reason for reducing the herd. That leaves re-certification of DCNR forest land as the real reason the herd was reduced and that means the unhappy hunters have a valid reason to be upset about the way our herd is being managed.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Banned

"whiney?lol cornelius i'm not whining"

Sure you are. LOL

"you said you don't hunt rifle season"

Yes, and I explained it at the time as well. Yet you chose to take only part of what was said as an intentional misrepresentation.

."second i'd bet you don't hunt more then me."

You can bet whatever you like. Its most likely a fact.

"i swear you must of rode the short bus."

Yes because you intellect is clearly so superior to my own. LMFAO!

"you keep saying they like your above everyone."

No. Not "above" "everyone" just some of the dipchits like yourself. LMAO. Get it straight son.

" but if you wanna go lobby against the pgc go do it somewhere else."

No thanks. I think i'll voice my opinions RIGHT HERE. Its hunting issues and this is the place for it. Dont like it? Tough whiney. I really dont need your permission to not support the pgc deer plan here or anywhere else. I also dont complain to you continually about having your nose shoved up pgcs backside, so dont whine about the fact that I do not.

" but when their opinion is a little different then yours you start your name calling."

No, But i see we have another LIAR on our hands. I state insulting etc. when that is what I get from idiots like you make posts like you just did. Stop whining "cornelius is attacking poor wittle me" and reread your posts that i replied to. My replies were 100% warranted due to YOUR name callling and insults. Whiney.

"your nobody to the pgc or pa cornelius.just like the rest of us,we're just a stat.accept the facts. "

You accept being bent over by pgc. I'll pass thanks.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Banned

"Thats the problem, they now have to be hunted. And thats not going over to big with some people. As I said before, the hunting is like when I started in the early 70s and better than when my dad and uncles hunted the big woods in the 40s. "

Wow, gee, and we are complaining??? what on earth were we thinking when we could just look back only 70 years and find worse hunting? LMAO. Do you guys ever listen to yourselves??

"Or 80k hunters better learn the skills and disipline to harvest those 2.5 yr+ bucks."

Lmao. There arent 80K more to be had when we are already harvesting 80-90% of them. LOL.

"Given the choice of killing a 10" four, six or eight point almost every year like we did in the "good old days" of high deer numbers...or having the chance for an 18" or better buck now and then, as are fairly common today,"

No more common than previously. More common is some areas? Maybe. But less common in others. Thats what 50+% reduction does for you. I still dont shoot "barely legal" ar bucks, even though Im in a 4 point area. Would do absolutely nothing for me. I "padded my states" with dink bucks many moons ago in Pa and other states like WV. I didnt shoot bucks that wouldnt far exceed ar base requirements for years... before ar either and I had to "hunt for them" then just as I do now. Only now they are fewer and further between for not much good reason. I support ar, but not the extent of ridiculous hr that has greatly muffled ars effects in many areas of the state

"Have already passed on a few post-AR bucks that were as nice or better, than any I killed in the 70s, 80s and 90s."

And by contrast my biggest bucks and those I hunt with, ALL of the largest were taken in the 80's and 90's. We still take bucks, and some decent ones. But in this area the number of truly "good" bucks is NOT up by any stretch, and thats definately not something to be excited about, it isnt as if we were blessed with a ton of big buck to begin with. LOL
Old 06-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Spike

lol how old are you cornelius?and they do have a politics forum else where.i really don't care what you have to say.it sucks that people like you run their mouths about our state.instead of disagreeing and trying to help you just fight it.i'm not whining at all because i see the deer i want and i shoot the ones i want.i've let numerous deer go the last few years because they were small to me.if i whined i'd be bawling about how terrible it is.but where i hunt its not and i personally don't know too many people around here that feel the same way you do.and you can call me a liar and whatever but the only reason you would is because you don't know what else to say.i'll be the bigger man here and end this arguing.i have nothing to argue about with you or anyone on here.you can keep your "facts" but i'll keep the truth.and the truth would be what i see in the woods and what my buddies see and shoot.not what i find on the internet.yes there are fewer deer but there are bigger bucks and still plenty of deer.end of story cornelius this isn't preschool.i'm not wasting my time arguing with "Mr. KnowItAll".later
Old 06-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

i've let numerous deer go the last few years because they were small to me.i
Oooooga-Friggin-Booga. Big deal. You let 'em walk the last few years, and some of us have been letting them walk for the last 30 years. Lower breeding rates and lower embryo counts speak for themselves. Those are the facts Pal. Face it like a man.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Banned

"lol how old are you cornelius?"

Old enough to know what Im doing, and young enough to still be able to do it. LOL

"i really don't care what you have to say."

Sure wouldnt know it by your lengthy replies. LMAO.

"it sucks that people like you run their mouths about our state."

Ha ha ha. Yeah, all several hundred thousand of us who do not support current policy should just shut our pie holes and bend over on demand to the econut commission..[:'(]

"instead of disagreeing and trying to help you just fight it.i'm not whining at all because i see the deer i want and i shoot the ones i want.i've let numerous deer go the last few years because they were small to me.if i whined i'd be bawling about how terrible it is.but where i hunt its not and i personally don't know too many people around here that feel the same way you do."

Id say most likely you dont know many people then. And most likely there are either dcnr flunkies or the pgc equivalent monkeys. LOL.

"and you can call me a liar and whatever but the only reason you would is because you don't know what else to say."

Thats because Ive already dismissed you and said all that was needed to say. Everything else from there has been nothing more than repetition. You saying how horrible it is for me to be disagreeing with your precious biodiversity commission and me laughing at you for it.

"i'll be the bigger man here and end this arguing."

Thank you....."bigger man"...lol.

"i have nothing to argue about with you or anyone on here.you can keep your "facts" but i'll keep the truth.and the truth would be what i see in the woods and what my buddies see and shoot.not what i find on the internet.yes there are fewer deer but there are bigger bucks and still plenty of deer.end of story cornelius this isn't preschool.i'm not wasting my time arguing with "Mr. KnowItAll".later"

You're too nearsighted. For you its all me me me. If you were to look past the end of your nose for a change, youd see that your me me me based pgc support doesnt account for hundreds of thousands of pizzed hunter, hunter numbers declining at over double the national average, herd quality and quantity shrinking by the year, hunter satisfaction in the toilet, hunters losing voice in legislation, econuts dictating game management, herd health hasnt increased, but actually decreased, nonexistent pgc/hunter relations, dirty politics being involved in what is supposed to be an "independant" agency, pgc burying themselves financially....etc. etc...

But hey...who the hell cares about all that...when you gotyour 12 inch seven point last year, all is well with the world right? LOL. Unreal

Quick Reply: How reliable are all these PA deer polls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.