Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Traveling with guns in Maryland >

Traveling with guns in Maryland

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Traveling with guns in Maryland

Old 05-04-2003, 03:19 PM

Default Traveling with guns in Maryland

A buddy of mine will be going to Maryland this weekend. He was wondering if I know what restrictions apply to traveling with semi-auto rifles and handguns in Maryland. It seems him and his " long time no see" buddy in Maryland would like to shoot a bit when they get together.

I figured I could check here ' cause there are some right knowledgeable folks here!
Old 05-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Traveling with guns in Maryland

As far as I know if there all registered and legal to have you' ll be fine. One note. The guns and ammo cannot be accessable from within the vehical. Have the guns in the trunk and the ammo in the glove box.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:01 PM

Thanks mdbohunter!

That pretty much sums up what I told him also. I figured I better double check though!
Old 05-07-2003, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

Just to be on the safe side(especially after the sniper deal), if he should get stopped he might want to let the officer know where he' s heading and what he' s got in the truck/car. I have to let MA State police know when I' m traveling through their state with guns. I also need to show (if stopped) a vaild hunting licence from the state I' m heading to or my own state. I was stopped in VT and I told the officer I was carrying a handgun and that I had a permit to conceal. He was very happy that I told him and was up front with him, he let me go with a warrning Good luck and have fun!!!