Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 The ticks were bad today >

The ticks were bad today

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

The ticks were bad today

Old 05-29-2009, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The ticks were bad today

I put a buddy on one of my stands last fall where I arrowed a 6-pointer and he came back with ticks all over him.
To this day he still calls it my tick stand and laugh about it a bit.
But truth be told we pulled over 100 ticks off of him!!! No joke, it was disgusting.

The highlight, was my buddy with his shirt off, at the truck, on the side of the road.
and me pulling 7 or 8 off him already in-bedded on his hairy WHITE back.
It must have looked like broke-back hunting!!![8D] Yikes!
They give me the hegee-jebees, and I think I would rather bump into a 1/2 dozen snakes!
Old 05-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pats102862

I was wrong, it wasn't 17 ticks it was 18. I just found one aroundthe horsesgroin area sucking blood since last sunday. Disgusting.
very sad on horses.my vet said its a major problem with horse.cant imagine pulling a tick off a horses pee pee.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

I put a buddy on one of my stands last fall where I arrowed a 6-pointer and he came back with ticks all over him.
But truth be told we pulled over 100 ticks off of him!!! No joke, it was disgusting.

The highlight, was my buddy with his shirt off, at the truck, on the side of the road.
They give me the hegee-jebees, and I think I would rather bump into a 1/2 dozen snakes!
i was turkey hunting, i fell asleep and awaken at around 9 am.i felt something on my neck, boy, it was bunch of ticks.i ran down robinson run hollow in youngwomans creek ,accross highway and took my clothes off and went into creek.

i looked up and there was FISH WARDEN.he said, SIR CAN I ASK YOU WHAT THE H ARE YOU DOING?

i said i got bit by a bunch of ticks.he then asked if i needed a ride to hospital.this was 20 years ago and i still laugh about it when i tell story.

somehow we have got to put pressure on our legislators to get this problem corrected, its killing tourism all over the northeast.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: pats102862

I was wrong, it wasn't 17 ticks it was 18. I just found one aroundthe horsesgroin area sucking blood since last sunday. Disgusting.
very sad on horses.my vet said its a major problem with horse.cant imagine pulling a tick off a horses pee pee.
Actually it was on the inside part of theleg up under there. they can usally knock flies and other bugs off between their hind legs with their tail. The back of their neck in the mane is were I find themdug in also.
Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

very sorry to hear that PATS.i read something about it on the pennstate topic about woman who has 5 horses.she sprayed the whole area where horses walk and play but cost her small fortune.

i think pennstate may soon be sued if they dont find way to stop these bug problems.they released many of thesebugs,these APHIDS ,i went into my attic and i bet there is 5000 dead aphids in there and smell was awful.they are all thru my insulation in attic.most people dont crawl into there attic like i do,so they dont know what is there.

if they did ,i bet they would freak out.

state needs to pay for having your home sprayed each year, they released the APHIDS.funny not 1 aphid is in woods they are all in our homes.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think pennstate may soon be sued if they dont find way to stop these bug problems.they released many of these bugs,these APHIDS ,i went into my attic and i bet there is 5000 dead aphids in there and smell was awful.they are all thru my insulation in attic.most people dont crawl into there attic like i do,so they dont know what is there
If you are talking about stink bugs they are not aphids. You could have 10 million aphids in your attic and they wouldn't produce an odor because they are so small and would simply dry out. Stink bugs were not introduced by PS so they don't have to worry about being sued.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Stink bugs were not introduced by PS so they don't have to worry about being sued.
I have a newspaper article laying around here some were about them, We can thank China for them.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

i was turkey hunting, i fell asleep and awaken at around 9 am.i felt something on my neck, boy, it was bunch of ticks.i ran down robinson run hollow in youngwomans creek ,accross highway and took my clothes off and went into creek.

i looked up and there was FISH WARDEN.he said, SIR CAN I ASK YOU WHAT THE H ARE YOU DOING?

i said i got bit by a bunch of ticks.he then asked if i needed a ride to hospital.this was 20 years ago and i still laugh about it when i tell story.

somehow we have got to put pressure on our legislators to get this problem corrected, its killing tourism all over the northeast.
Funny stuff.
I went out to that spot today and about 50 ticks later...
Although I did have 4 grass snakes make me jump a bit, still like them better!
Old 05-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

i think pennstate may soon be sued if they dont find way to stop these bug problems.they released many of thesebugs,these APHIDS ,i went into my attic and i bet there is 5000 dead aphids in there and smell was awful.they are all thru my insulation in attic.most people dont crawl into there attic like i do,so they dont know what is there
If you are talking about stink bugs they are not aphids. You could have 10 million aphids in your attic and they wouldn't produce an odor because they are so small and would simply dry out. Stink bugs were not introduced by PS so they don't have to worry about being sued.
i called them LADY BUGS and people said,SPROUL THEY ARE APHID BUGS,now you call them STINK BUGS.

what the h are they .pennstate did release those bugs whatever proper name is.remember when i said they dropped deer out of helicopters to feed the fishers here in my area, trust me, PENNSTATE FORESTRY RELEASED THEM.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

i called them LADY BUGS and people said,SPROUL THEY ARE APHID BUGS,now you call them STINK BUGS.
You did not call them Lady bugs in your post, you called them aphids. Lady bugs and stink bugs are not aphids.

Do you know who we can sue for introducing multiflora rose?

Quick Reply: The ticks were bad today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.