Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Ny licence increase >

Ny licence increase

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Ny licence increase

Old 05-12-2009, 12:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ny licence increase

I just seen the hunting licences increase for this year. I have to say it is criminal.

here are a few examples.

Turkey is up to $10
bow and muzz used to $15 and now $21
super sportsman- was $68 and now $88
lifetime age 0-4 was I believe $250 now is $380
-------age 5-11 was I believe $420 now is $535
-------age 12-70 was I believe $680 now is $765
lifetime bow and muzz. was $180 and now is $235

These are just a few examples, you all get the idea.I new they were going to raise it but this seems a little out of hand.

I have till licences this yeargo on sale to get my son the bow/muzz lifetime at the old price of $180 each and at least he will never have to worry about it. Then I will make him buy mine,, LOL.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ny licence increase

Any idea of the NR prices? They have been at their present rate for awhile.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

$88 for a supersportsman, that's a bargain comapred to so many other things. I go out for a steak dinner and couple cocktails and it's almost half of that.

Let's see, how many trout did I catch since April 1st, I have put about 20 Walleyes in the freezer since May 2nd, hate to count how many times I'll fish before Oct. Between Walleye, trout, bass and Salmon.

Turkey $10 bucks four tags spring and Fall. I've been out this spring 5 times so far,don't bother me at all.

Put three deer in the freezer,last fall .

My only problem is how they allocate the fees not that they will increase ever once in a while how long it been since they went up last time?

Last guy I heard complaining about license fees was purchasing a carton of cigs talking with his buddie, no problem paying for something that will kill him.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also don't think $88 will break anyone. People spend way more on plenty of other things that are way less important. Some hunters buy new rifles and bows every year or two, ATV's and all sort of other nonsense that costs a heck of a lot more compared to an $88 hunting license.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Yep.....I've heard it's due to the governor....it's going back to the government or whatever...not the DEC.....
No choice but to pay it if I want to hunt....but how unecessary....
Old 05-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Last increase 2002,
Old 05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Typical Buck

There juds money hungrey polatitions ,
I no it dont seam like much but to many laid off or with very little income it is a lot .
Thing that pi$$es me off if I never here anything being done anywhere near my area or anything pretaning to deer or big game .
All I here is the release of pheasants or restocking fish .
And that in NY State may have come to an end ??
Old 05-13-2009, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Patterson is such a jack off!Can't wait till we can vote that incompetent fool out of office.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

if they were to make junior license free or real cheap I'd go along with it but everyone here is right it's just another way to bail out the rich
Old 05-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Typical Buck

Now I will pay it. But I am pissed about it. Yes, in the big picture there is alot of entertainment there for only $88. I have pushed that much across a bar before. But, I guess i am tired of people taking my money. Good thing is, is that my son will have his lifetime everything this year before the increase and he will never have to worry about it.

Quick Reply: Ny licence increase

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.