Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 NY Turkey Season >

NY Turkey Season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Turkey Season

Old 05-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY Turkey Season

Got a ny turkey in the am . Dont know about the weight 1 1/4 spurs and 9'' beard.
Never even called him since i took a nap and woke up with him in front of me.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's the way to do it Bow!!!

Old 05-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

Got a ny turkey in the am . Dont know about the weight 1 1/4 spurs and 9'' beard.
Never even called him since i took a nap and woke up with him in front of me.
Maybe your snoring sounded like clucks and purrs? You just proved to those hunters who gun "n" run, are just wearing out their shoes. All kidding aside bowtruck.....Congratulations!! [/align]
Old 05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
Spike

We started off very slow opening day but things picked up Saturday and Sunday. The high winds put a damper on ouropener plans but also helped to pinpoint the birds a little better. Saturday we took two nice toms and by noon on Sunday the team had put down another 5 really nice birds. Yesterday 1 bird fell and today 2 more ate lead. We really weren't expecting the season to so good this year.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks blkpowder
I have got to try sleeping while hunting more often.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

buddy shot a nice 23.5lb w/ 11" beard and 1.5" spurs the other day.. beautiful bird.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

My son's 13 - and we were lucky enough to take a Jake during the Youth hunt in April. We called in 6 jakes - and Ryan took one when it split off at the decoys.
It was 16 lbs with a 2" beard - his 1st and a GREAT hunt for father & son.

Then on the second weekend of the regular season, we hunted that WINDY Sunday - and had hens in front of us in the field from 1st light. Luckily and finally - a couple more hens came into the field with three long beards in tow around 7:30am - When they saw the decoys - we only made one set of yelps and all three rushed in. Ryan made good on a 15 yd shot - 9.5" Beard 1" spurs.......another great father & son hunt.

So now he's tagged out - and I don't know if I'll hunt more or not. Its tough to beat my son taking his 1st birds with me there.
No matter what, I'll remember this year as one of my favorites.

FH
Old 05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Here is my NY Bird from 5/8....bird had 1in spurs and 9 3/8 beard. I actually watched this group of birds since late March. The night before this particular group was out in the field and I watched as they went to roost not 150 yards from one of the blinds I had set up. Didn't get him from the blind, but this bird came in with 2 jakes and anoter long beard. A flurry of gobblin' as it was a great morning.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Farm Hunter,
Congrats to your boy... that is what it is all about... that is a hefty jake and a great tom!!! Congrats to you both!!!!!
Great pics too.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tagged out last week on 2 big NY gobblers ist 25lbs 1oz, 10 3/4" beard, 1 1/4" hooks, #2 19lbs, 9 1/2" beard, 1" hooks.

Quick Reply: NY Turkey Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.