Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Apology to viewers and Moderators >

Apology to viewers and Moderators

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Apology to viewers and Moderators

Old 04-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default Apology to viewers and Moderators

To the Moderators and the viewers of this forum,I would like to extend my sincerest apologies.Except for one individual. I will explain. Last night I posted a few photos on this forum that viewers should not have to see. This is a information and debate forum,not a freak show! Yes there are times debates got out of hand and I am sure they will do so again in the future. But I have also seen those individuals later into that debate calm down and they themselves stated it is getting out of hand and wish to bring in to a end. They did it last night and I have seen it displayed in the past! As for some photos that have been displayed in some topics. They have been referred to as hyperbole!( A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis, It is also a visual technique in which a deliberate exaggeration of a particular part of an image is employed). You will see these type of photos everyday in the News paper. Depending on the context of the photo,there is nothing wrong with that. What I used last night is an example of what is wrong. Again,I am sorry for that. Call me old school,but when a child will not behave,or an adult uses constant child like demeanor. I am one not to just stomp my feet and shake my head. Or just threaten punishment. I respond and give justified punishment. That I am not sorry for. But that does not give me the right to display that on this forum. I also hope the individual that I insulted with the photos, will also be man enough to stop his "repeated" childish insults that he constantly uses on another of this forum. [/align] G.J.L.[/align]
Old 04-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Apology to viewers and Moderators

Kudos to you,so far you are the better man ! Hopefully some of the other name callers and insult throwers will follow suit.It seems that many members of this forum often forget that these are many times "opinion" that are being expressed here,and everyone knows what they say about opinions.Just because they differ,doen't necessarily make them wrong.If it's a lie or mistatement of facts,thats one thing to be called on the carpet,but to lower yourself to some of the name calling that goes on here at times is trying at best and often a reason not to even bother to log on.Repeatedly hurling insults at each other accomplishes nothing but show how immature you really are !
Old 04-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

well said fellas most of us go overboard now and then , some are just overboard
Old 04-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Rodger.Kudos blkpowder for exhibiting a maturity that has been lacking on these pages.

The posts you refer to are not any worse than much of whats gone on here but thats what is unfortunate.

Manyhave shared in the degradation of this part of HNI and I of course have been among that crowd.I apologize to the innocent bystanders who have had to witness some of this junk.

I have no intention of pointing fingers here. That will only lead us back down the same path.There are some very strong willed people here with strong beleifs and big ego's. when people like that disagree about something very dear to them, sparks are going to fly. Unfortunately, when it degrades down to name calling, nothing good comes out of it. Probably everyone who has done it here regrets it and would embarassed if a stranger walked up to them with a transcript and said did you write this?

We can all work to raise the bar of civility here but it will be fragile unless everyone commits.

Im in. Who else is willing to work at bringing up the quality of this forum?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned

Old 04-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda like the red astericks displayed on my post boards indicating I have blocked all of Bluebirds posts. Wish I had noticed this feature sooner.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

They work just as well for others and I can hardly endorse them enough for maintaining some manner of maturity here. Impossible to rise to the bait, if'n ya can't see it. Only time I notice, is when someone pastes comments into a response.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

With maybe one exception, it looks likethose of us who have allowed ourselves to take the low road are in agreement that a cleanup is in order.

It's been downright civil here for a whole 24 hours!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

btb that last 24hrs have been much better I hope we keep it that way around here
Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Typical Buck

Been meaning to call Bob a cheese-hoardin' pieface, but met hima few years ago in Renovoand discovered thathe's not only alot bigger than I am, but alotyounger too. Bad combination. So I'll hold off for another coupla months, if I can?

[8D]

Quick Reply: Apology to viewers and Moderators

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.