Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 DEER MANAGEMENT OPEN HOUSES >

DEER MANAGEMENT OPEN HOUSES

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEER MANAGEMENT OPEN HOUSES

Old 03-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DEER MANAGEMENT OPEN HOUSES

BT ( by the way its funny calling you BT when I called Blue bird BT For so many years ) I think the Crossbow vote was the last straw in most hunters minds when it comes to the worthless PGC. and given up wasting their time with them.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Lack of attendance at these things tends to indicate that the casual majority is basically satisfied.
That is a fair job of spinning, but I doubt it has the slightest relation to reality If the PGC agreed with your position they would waste all that manpower and money so 30 people could ask questions.
We missed the Northwest one Jim!
Now that's funny. The two big PGC supporters didn't even know when the open houses were being held.
Or perhaps the money and manpower were expended to help educate those with an interest. Perhaps the money and manpower were expended to dispell the myth about all those angry hunters that the USP claims to represent.

Study after study has shown that people are 7-10 times more likely to attend public meetings when dissatisfied as opposed to attending whan satisfied.

The money and manpower expended and the resulting light turnout will also serve to deflate claims of lack of transparency in the USP lawsuit.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: J Pike

BT ( by the way its funny calling you BT when I called Blue bird BT For so many years ) I think the Crossbow vote was the last straw in most hunters minds when it comes to the worthless PGC. and given up wasting their time with them.

Jeff, Call me BTB not BT.... PLEASE!!!

Ithink what you're suggesting. is that guys have given up. I just can't buy that one.

As for the crossbow vote, itwas flat out wrong! I say that even though I am actually nuetral on the weapon itself. What was wrong IMHO was voting it in against a 90% public response against and without the usual caution and "easing in" that good common sense dictates.

If crossbows were the subject, I think attendance would have been standing room only.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear you had such a poor turnout. I guess a lot of guys have heard all they want to hear about the current deer management plan.
Two other factors could have contributed to what BBthinks is aa low turnout. Yesterday was the start of many Delayed Harvest project stockings in the Southwest region. Also I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse near Pittsburgh. They are having a going out of business sale. I heard guys mention the meeting at the store. Two of my buddies where planning to attend the meeting until they heard of the sale.[/align]
Old 03-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: J Pike

When I did the sportsmans show here in Washington in Feb and the two people that had crossbow concern yesterday all had the same concern. If and when they could use a scope. I have not had one hunter out of the show ( say 400- 500 people) or any out of the thirty yesterday complain about the inclusion.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Sorry to hear you had such a poor turnout. I guess a lot of guys have heard all they want to hear about the current deer management plan.
Not quite. As with any event of this nature, no matter the subject, folks who are generally satisfied dont bother much with them. When the majority on any issue is satisfied with the status quo, informational events tend to attract only the diehards on both sides.

Lack of attendance at these things tends to indicate that the casual majority is basically satisfied.

Some guys probably couldn't make it because many taxidermist are finishing up on deer mounts and several hunters had appointments to pick up their deer heads.
I tend to agree with bluebird. A lot of guys have heard all that they want to here. The PA Game Commissions credibility is circling in the toilet. Has nothing to do with satisfaction.
Old 03-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Could it be everyone knows that it's nothing more than a PR ploy ??? Everyone with a lick of sense knows the PGC,including our beloved RSB,could care less about what the hunters in this state feel and want.They would rather have hunters completely out of everything but with the amount of dissatisfaction out there growing,maybe they feel a little lip service and occasional dog n pony show,they can at least claim they're making an attempt.All that being said,i'm planning on attending this one and save my final comments till after.

"I am becoming more and more convinced that wildlife management would be better off if we worked from the general fund and told hunters to take a flying leap with their money." R.S. Bodenhorn - PA Game Commission WCO of Elk County

Old 03-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Study after study has shown that people are 7-10 times more likely to attend public meetings when dissatisfied as opposed to attending whan satisfied.
The open houses are not a meeting with the intend of solving a problem or resolving issues . They are nothing but a public relations ploy that hunters can easily recognize and avoid. They realize attending will change nothing since the PGC has clearly demonstrated they have no intention of considering the hunters concerns.
The money and manpower expended and the resulting light turnout will also serve to deflate claims of lack of transparency in the USP lawsuit.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

Nobody walked away without the questions they asked being answered. It might not be the answer they want but the did get an answer.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

That really doesn't mean much and here is an example.

Have ARs increased or decreased the average racks size of 2.5+ buck?

PGC -we don't know if rack sizes increased or decreased.

Why is 2F managed at a higher DD that 2G even though regeneration in 2F is poorer than in 2G?

PGC- I don't know but ,I'll check into it.

Why have statewide breeding rates decreased by 5%?

PGC-We don't use statewide breeding rates to manage the herd so it doesn't matter.

All three questions were answered ,but the questioner only learn the PGC could dodge the questions.

Quick Reply: DEER MANAGEMENT OPEN HOUSES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.