I haven't ever..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Its a great day in PA >

Its a great day in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Its a great day in PA

Old 03-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Its a great day in PA

Spent part of themorning working at my sportsmen's club, part of it at the range bustin' some caps, afterwards.

Won't make me mad if winter decides to be over, still got over a cord of firewood left.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope spring is here for good for me and the critters
Old 03-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

I was burning the grass and corn stalks in the field with my son. Planted some turnips last year and the deer won't even taste them. Some of the soybeans are still being eaten by the deer and the squirrels are eating the beans off.

Wish the snow would melt in N.Y., so i can start working in the fields up there.

Seeing at least thirty some turkey going through the corn field in the morning and evening, haven't seen a bearded one yet. Deer are still moving at night, seems to be at least as many as last year, if not more. That's what happens when everything around you is posted and you don't shoot every deer you see.

It's really a shame that doe tags are issued, supposedly by the number of deer in a WMU, then most of these tags are used on SGL and other areas open to hunting. Until they issue tagsseperately for public or private land, those that hunt public land will always have less to see and enjoy.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

Grumbler.

My cousin's kid called last night, wants to know when I'm coming up to camp so's I can do some repair work on his Rem.243. He also mentioned they're getting ready to work-up some of my ground and plant food plots.

Told him to hold hishorses until I get up there. Don't really want anything done where he said they were fixin' to start. It's already starting to produce some nice clover there, just from me keeping it mowed a few times per year, over the past several years. Used to be nothing but goldenrods and briars in those open patches of old pasture in amongst the thorn trees and brush.

Dang hoofties, anyway.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Told him to hold his horses until I get up there. Don't really want anything done where he said they were fixin' to start. It's already starting to produce some nice clover there, just from me keeping it mowed a few times per year, over the past several years. Used to be nothing but goldenrods and briars in those open patches of old pasture in amongst the thorn trees and brush.

Dang hoofties, anyway.
Why don't you tell us again about how you got your tractor stuck in the mud one more time. Everyone just can't wait for the latest update on what you and your clan is doing.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Told him to hold hishorses until I get up there. Don't really want anything done where he said they were fixin' to start. It's already starting to produce some nice clover there, just from me keeping it mowed a few times per year, over the past several years. Used to be nothing but goldenrods and briars in those open patches of old pasture in amongst the thorn trees and brush.

Dang hoofties, anyway.
Why don't you tell us again about how you got your tractor stuck in the mud one more time. Everyone just can't wait for the latest update on what you and your clan is doing.
Is there any reason you live in PA and post on a message board about everything you hate about living here.
This is America you have the right to bitch and whine like a candy less child ontrick or treat night,but you also have the right to leave, go some where that the deer breed like rabbits and trees regenerate like in the rain forest some where that those wary button bucks are trophies of a life time.
Your not getting any younger so why live in a place you despise surrounded by people that nothing in common with your train of thought.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Friday was nice here in Crawford county,sunny and warm. So in the afternoon I took my wife ,daughter and puppy to a friends farm to do some shed hunting.
Well I found three and my daughter found a big buck dead,it looks to be the brother of this buck. I found the right side of this buck with a piece of skull attached so it appears he too is dead. This is a game cam picture from 11-07. He was a great buck.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Gee, thanks for the cut'n paste update.

So I now know what theGreat Grumblerhad to say about a response I made to Coalcracker's comments on "food plots".Poor devilreally can'tresist the urge to spew, apparently?

[8D]

Also just realized that if I scroll down below the response feature, the ignore feature doesn't work.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You must have me confused with someone else ,since I never said anything about hating anything about PA. Or, was this another of your nonsense posts, in an attempt to gain some attention and generate another argument?
That was really a nice buck in your pic. It's really a shame if two bucks of that quality went to waste.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Friday was nice here in Crawford county,sunny and warm. So in the afternoon I took my wife ,daughter and puppy to a friends farm to do some shed hunting.
Well I found three and my daughter found a big buck dead,it looks to be the brother of this buck. I found the right side of this buck with a piece of skull attached so it appears he too is dead. This is a game cam picture from 11-07. He was a great buck.

my gosh, WHAT A DEER.thats a RIO GRANDE

what do you think killed those 2 bucks.

i bet HABITAT,he looks skinny, i will have to get RSB to check out those dead deer, yep, HABITAT.

Quick Reply: Its a great day in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.