Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Cat pic in SW PA >

Cat pic in SW PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Cat pic in SW PA

Old 02-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Cat pic in SW PA

ORIGINAL: Deer902

House cat? Really? Looks bigger to me. I posted this because there is always a debate aboutlions/cougars in PA and this is pretty far south. I just thought that you all would like to see it.
There should be some tracks in that snow,some more pictures with some thing to compare the size to would help.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:15 PM

Sorry I didn't take the pic. Just passing it on. You would think that this person wouldn't grab the camera totake pictures of a normal house cat. The camera doesn't seem to be all that good, the resolution is pretty poor.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll say that it looks a bit bigger than a housecat but there isn't much of anything close to the cat where we can get a good size perspective. Pictures can decieve. Especially this kind with a big white backdrop

Jim brings up two good points. First, the tail aint quite right and there should be tracks.

Not jumpin on it either way but the picture raises as many questions as it answers
Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

The size is somewhat deceptive, I believe...

Body proportions certainly suggest a house cat...Look at the vegetation in the background, bull thistles, I think... I don't think it's as big as it appears to be at first glance...

I do believe it's a big ol' house cat.. Sure ain't no pumacougar unless somebody cut half it's tail off...

Thanks for sharing..Interesting picture...

Old 02-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Pygmy

somebody cut half it's tail off...

Thanks for sharing..Interesting picture...
I'm thinken a Sasquatch had him over his head in a helicopter spin and pulled half his tail off.[8D]
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM

I thought the tail was swinging away from the camera and that is why is doesn't appear to be too long. I talked to my buddy tonight and he is going to see if any more pics were taken.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

nice pics but its a big ole housecat.

neck and short tail is not cougar.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maine coon and optical illusion.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

now that thoose pics were taken the couger sighting in that area will go up all over a housecat
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 AM
Fork Horn

i had a house cat that was that big when i was a kid back in the 70's, it was at least 8" taller and 10" longer then any other cat we had at the time....that picture just looks like a house cat, but not knowing how far from the camera that cat was or any thing close by to judge size....just the shape is wrong to me.............bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.