Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 A six pack for the Steelers!! No one else in the world!!! >

A six pack for the Steelers!! No one else in the world!!!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A six pack for the Steelers!! No one else in the world!!!

Old 02-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default A six pack for the Steelers!! No one else in the world!!!

Well my Steelers did it again!! It wasn't our prettiest game but we got it done!!!

SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Old 02-02-2009, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A six pack for the Steelers!! No one else in the world!!!

Yeah, they pulled it out!

That was one of the best Super Bowls I've ever watched. I'll give Arizona credit, they played em for 60 minutes and put up a hell of a fight.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Santee should give a shout-out to Harrison and share the love with him.
His 100 yard INT TD return was just as key to our victory as the winning drive.
They did make it exciting, no doubt.
That is what all Super Bowls should be.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Santee should give a shout-out to Harrison and share the love with him.
His 100 yard INT TD return was just as key to our victory as the winning drive.
They did make it exciting, no doubt.
That is what all Super Bowls should be.
Absolutely! Without Harrisons pick we were in the dumper. IMHO the Steelers only brought their B game yesterday. Holmes and Harrison were outstanding, Big Ben was great in that last drive and Parker was a big disappointment again.
Our D won the game but they could have been better.The Cards QB had the luxury of plenty of time to get the ball away all day long.

It did make for a great game!

Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Well my Steelers did it again!! It wasn't our prettiest game but we got it done!!!

SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPION PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

watch it, you drink that six pak and you will be talking deer saying there is no deer.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe Hines was hurt more than they let on, and only had him in the game to act as a decoy to divert coverage.
He did almost nothing all game.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

livbucks, you're right. I believe he only had one catch the entire game. When he got up from that play, he looked a little gimpy.

The D didn't impress me all that much honestly. There were quite a few missed tackles in space that kept drives alive for Arizona. That and of course we didn't get the pressure on Warner I was expecting. If you noticed, the series' when Pittsburgh brought the heat were 3 and out for Arizona. But they were playing quite conservative to take away the plays to Fitzgerald, which they did really well except for that one big play that got them the lead.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree that Ward was probably not completely healthy. Holmes really stepped up though.

Polamalu was also less effective than normal.We often can't see the play developing that Polamalu seems to have a sixth sense about whenwe watch on TV. Often while watching the play on TV old 43 just seems to apear from nowhere. Watching for him in replays,a couple of usnoticed that the Cards did a good job of decoying Troy to the point that he was a step or two behind the play where he is usually spot on.

Why we continue to give Parker the ball over and over when he's not moving it is beside me. Sure he still gets in a good run once in awhile but it seems we putourself into way too many 3rd down do or die situations by running Parker twice with little gain
Old 02-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, when you get about eight tries at goal to go and can't get the TD, something needs looking at.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Banned

I also think Ben was outstanding! Playing with a clearly pathetic offensive line. Making time for himself and avoiding tackles, throwing 70% completion and wouldve been flawless if not for the flukish tipped ball pick. The ball to win the game was as perfect as it could be placed in triple coverage and the entire final drive was as good as Ive ever seen in my life in a superbowl.

The D played well, but not dominating, The Pitt run game was absolutely nonexistent because the line couldnt make a hole or prevent the defense from being 4 yards into the backfield before the handoff (LOL), hines was obviously not 100%, the otherrecievers in general are very averageand subaverage(even though last night Santonio had a heck of a game)yet Ben still finds the way to win. As usual, and doesnt rattle when hes getting hit.

Quick Reply: A six pack for the Steelers!! No one else in the world!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.