Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New question?

Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Banned

Default RE: New question?

I agree. I think doe license are grossly underpriced. But they are for a reason. They want to sell as many as possible to kiill as many as possible.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: mikepsu54

Why just not increase the cost of doe license's. I would gladly pay double the doe license cost if things were ran right.
i agree, doe permitshould be at least 20 dollars.
You might want to be careful with that idea Sproul. I'd bet that the first guys to stop buying doe permits if they were 20 bucks would be the guys that buy em with no intention of using themThe guys who would still buytags at that pricewould be the guys that really plan on hunting and killing them. I kill 5-8 deer a year in PA (from places where it needs it and the deer numbers are appropriate) and I guarantee to you that I would still buy every tag that I do now. As a matter of fact, i they cost 20 bucks,there would probably be plenty of unsold tagsfor those guys in those big crews that you always see. Those guys obviously want to kill em all and are already willing to spend plenty of gas money to come to your area. Whats an extra $14 to those guys?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Banned

I think that increasing the price significantly would have a bigger impact on areas where 2 or 3 tags can be had apiece currently.

Some wmus barely sell out the entire allocation well into the season now.

I agree in areas of low allocations, there wouldnt be any diff. in the number sold.