Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA >

CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

Old 01-31-2009, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

i am trying to get a idea how many of you will switch from a compound to crossbow.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

Not me .................................................. ........................................Yet
Old 01-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not ever, so long asI have the ability to shoot a real bow
Old 01-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Not ever, so long asI have the ability to shoot a real bow
I said yet because this was me last year at this time.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i am trying to get a idea how many of you will switch from a compound to crossbow.
Maybe you should ask how many gun hunterswould use a Xbow if they had one? I use a compound and after hunting with it and gun for so many years, A Xbow would be a new challenge. Same as useing asmoke pole. It would be nice to mix it up and have different choices. Our heritage of what hunting means and ment is no longer the same. It will never be again. It is now about how big a rack you can get and no longer the meat. How long has it been this way with archery hunters? Is it really about the food? Not a chance any more. It is about the rut and big bucks and the first to get a crack at them. Times have changed and I think archers brought this on some what also. Because they was after the big bucks and nothing more. Hunting is a whole new sport and no longer about heritage. People who don't have time to practice 24/7 with a bow wanted to try for a big buck before the woods got filled up with hunters. All the archers bragged about big bucks they been taken during the rut. Well why not let the gun hunter have a shot at it also? Gun hunters complained about the bragging spear head throwers and well to say it, Now the average joe who works 24/7 can now try for a rutting buck without all the practice. Bragging from BH didn't help with the decision of the Xbow.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

Maybe you should ask how many gun hunterswould use a Xbow if they had one? I use a compound and after hunting with it and gun for so many years, A Xbow would be a new challenge. Same as useing asmoke pole. It would be nice to mix it up and have different choices. Our heritage of what hunting means and ment is no longer the same. It will never be again. It is now about how big a rack you can get and no longer the meat. How long has it been this way with archery hunters? Is it really about the food? Not a chance any more. It is about the rut and big bucks and the first to get a crack at them. Times have changed and I think archers brought this on some what also. Because they was after the big bucks and nothing more. Hunting is a whole new sport and no longer about heritage. People who don't have time to practice 24/7 with a bow wanted to try for a big buck before the woods got filled up with hunters. All the archers bragged about big bucks they been taken during the rut. Well why not let the gun hunter have a shot at it also? Gun hunters complained about the bragging spear head throwers and well to say it, Now the average joe who works 24/7 can now try for a rutting buck without all the practice. Bragging from BH didn't help with the decision of the Xbow.
reason i did not say gun hunters is because most i am talking too are not getting a crossbow do too 2 things.

1. LACK OF DEER
2.IN-LINES ARE THEIR MEAT WEAPON IN OCTOBER.

so, i am concentrating on ones i know will be out in woods, THE ARCHERY HUNTERS WITH COMPOUND BOWS.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

They say most the crossbow hunters will come from the rifle ranks.
I don't plan to use one because I already have enough guns with triggers and scopes.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: germain

They say most the crossbow hunters will come from the rifle ranks.
I don't plan to use one because I already have enough guns with triggers and scopes.
Yes, But can you use those guns during the first rut when the big bucks become much easier to harvest and are dumber from being in heat when hunting hours are longer. Nope,You can't.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

You obviously never hunted the rut.But since you brought that up what's next for you guys rifles in the rut?Hey now there's an idea.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

There you go again Jack, speaking in behalf of everybody else. Please don't speak for me! I'm a archery hunter. I haven't touched a rifle since 1980. I prefer a bow! I prefer to bowhunt! I prefer to harvest "A" animal with a bow! It's been nine years since I used a modern shotgun for Turkey. The past nine years I've been using a BOW! Because I like to ARCHERY HUNT! I receive greater satisfaction harvesting a animal with a BOW! [/align]

Quick Reply: CROSSBOW OR COMPOUND IN PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.