Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How should Wildlife Management be funded? >

How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Old 02-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How should Wildlife Management be funded?

A hint of why that is could be found on a public land map of each unit.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just to confuse people like you who didn't pay attention when the new way of managing the herd as explained.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are areas in both 2g and 2F that are mainly northern hardwods and other areas are more predominantly oak/hickory.I couldn't tell you which has more than the other.Where I live,it's mainly oak hickory.However,there's an area called the Owl's nest in 2F that's predominantly northern hardwoods.It's pretty cool to see because there's almost a very defined line where it changes from northern hardwoods to oak/hickory forests.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM

Maybe the PGC should start selling cookies. How long do they think hunters are going to foot the bill for all wildlife and get screwed when their opinion means nothing? The question should of been, How can the PGC better the relationship with their handlers that feed them. Not how can we get more money and continue to screw you all. Make sure you have peanutbutter cookies,That is the only way the PGC is going to get any more money from me.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Banned

I cant even believe the gall of those idiots to even ask for money considering the state of affairs. If I didnt know how "obtuse" the extremists are in that agency now, Id have thought they were joking. To even DREAM of asking without any reparative measures is absolutely rediculous. Sadly, due to to the corruption and greed of politics, the possibility exists that they will get what they are asking for and be enable to screw us for the next decade.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Are you saying like because there is more public land in 2G and that they issue more tags in WMUs that are not for public hunting to get the private land owners to kill off the deer on their properrty ? Like in the south west and south east. Alot of private property there and tons of tags given out.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

here is a quote from bret Wallingford regarding herd health and forest health, which may help RSB, BTB and Livbucks understand my point about 2F and 2G.
"First, all habitat quantity and quality, not just "forest habitat health" will affect deer health. Deer health depends on habitat because deer get their nutrition from the habitat in which they live. However, we only consider "forest habitat health" in making management recommendations.

Other habitat types can provide nutrition to deer, but are not a part of our "forest habitat health measure".
For example, in agricultural landscapes, deer can impact forest health, but forests are not the only type of
In agricultural areas, deer can impact forests significantly, yet still be healthy because of the high nutrition plane in the ag land.

Compared to forested lands, agricultural lands tend to have better soils with increased nutrient levels that grow plants that are more accessable to deer.

Second, the measurement of forest habitat health does not dictate what deer health will be.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: explorer_Jack

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Are you saying like because there is more public land in 2G and that they issue more tags in WMUs that are not for public hunting to get the private land owners to kill off the deer on their properrty ? Like in the south west and south east. Alot of private property there and tons of tags given out.
I think they sell more tags in privateland because the habitat is broken and contains richer soils ie:nutrition, so there are not only more deer there, they have higher breeding rates, lower mortality, lower predation and more cover in the form of safety zones. It simply takes more tags to get the job done.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

It simply takes more tags to get the job done.
What is the job that needs to be done? Is it the elimination of a huntable herd? That is what we have in my area!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

bb that would not make any sense what so ever no huntable herd no licsence sales no money
kinda defeat their purpose wouldnt it

Quick Reply: How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.