Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA crossbow amendment in peril >

PA crossbow amendment in peril

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA crossbow amendment in peril

Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA crossbow amendment in peril

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

Question? Are crossbows currently legal to be used during the regular firearms season? That is regardless if one is handicapped or not.
yes, but i never see anyone using them in gun season.

its not meat killer like gun.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: Maverick 1

Question? Are crossbows currently legal to be used during the regular firearms season? That is regardless if one is handicapped or not.
yes, but i never see anyone using them in gun season.

its not meat killer like gun.
I'd be surprised if it got much play in your neck of the woods Sproul. The crossbow is used in gun seasons around here where safety zones and landowner restrictions won't allow gun hunting. The crossbow under those circumstances has a valid place IN GUN SEASONand it is a decided advantage over the vertical bow in those seasons when leaf cover is gone and movement when the deer are close is much more difficult to get away with.

I own one and use it sometimes injust those situations but it's not as much a bow to me as it is a short range gun. JMHO
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

I am afraid the ony thing a crossbow archery season will do is Put hunters in the woods that don't posessthe skills to take a deer with a bow. Iwould bet the farmthere will be guys runing around with scoped bows thinking they can take the same shots they do with a rifle.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I SOO hope your little birdie knows what its talking about & doesn’t turn out to be a Dodo.

I try to remain positive regardless of the regulations and rule changes that come down the pike, but this is one that besides being completely against based on principle, I am whole heartedly against because of the fear of the detrimental effect, if not the total ruination of the archery season in some places. It is tough enough to find any solitude in the woods as it is, let alone adding tens of thousands of additional hunters, most of which will be bumbling fools. There are other detrimental impacts like season shortening that I think could also result.
watch it,you will be put in same hate over in crossbow forum that they have for me.

if we had lots of deer, sproul would be first to say,LETS HAVE ALL THESE NEW WEAPONS SO MANY NEW HUNTERS CAN ENTER WOODS.

i would be fool to suggest anything new to kill more deer in wmu2g.

crossbows WILL bring in large no. of hunters
in-lines are in oct.
gun season in oct.
dmap tags

killing 6 deer when few are left,INSANE.........

just too much killing for number of deer that are left.

are we going to allow semi-autos next so a deer can be blasted more, better chance to get one.

its nuts what is happening.

i dont hate crossbow, heck i sight them in for people all summer and own one myself, i love to shoot it.

but todays hunters are thinking they are GUN.

i hear it all time at range,OH I SHOT A LITTLE DOE AT 60 YDS BUT I MISSED, he he.[:@]these a holes call a little doe a FURBALL.[:@]

its those clowns you will be seeing a LOT in archery if crossbows are allowed in wmu2g.

I DONT WANT TO SEE THEM, NOT ONE.

sadly the good ones like over on crossbow forum are ones that get mad over this.THEY ARE ETHICAL HUNTERS AND SHOOT UNDER 30 YDS.

they are best group around and i hope i still have friend over there because i dont hate the CROSSBOWS, i hate all newhunters it will bring in to hunt the few deer that are left.

we just dont have deer to handle all these seasons and new weapons too make it easier to kill more doe.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pats102862

I am afraid the ony thing a crossbow archery season will do is Put hunters in the woods that don't posessthe skills to take a deer with a bow. Iwould bet the farmthere will be guys runing around with scoped bows thinking they can take the same shots they do with a rifle.
those idiots or maybe they are just MEAT NUTS are why most i talk too dont want too see it.

SCOPE is one reason these ding a lings think they can shoot like that.

scope shows up to 60 yds or some and 50 yds on most.

so, they see doe on pipeline,its at 100 yards, they figure, oh heck, just aim over the doe back.

fling , there it goes.

if this type of hunter could not get a crossbow to hunt and we had lots of deer, i would approve it with no problem.

but, that is what you are seeing,anything to get freezer full.

some might say,SPROUL WHY CANT THEY JUST DO IT WITH A COMPOUND BOW.

because crossbow is thought of as GUN, most of these ding a lings think because its built like rifle with scope, they can hunt this way.

i tell them too i am blue in faceyou cant hunt this way without wounding a deer,they just tell you off and keep mouthing off.

sadly, the good hunters like over on crossbow forum are not in group of these a holes but they are minority,for sure from what i am seeing.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

I have no problem with across bow hunter who are bow hunters first. I think its great that bow hunters have an option if they developed a diability and they cant draw the bow anymore. I know to many people who never wanted to bow hunt for what ever reason run to the doctor, tell him their shoulder hurts and they need a medical excemption for a cross bow. They crossbow hunted for a few seasons, found out they did not have any advantage and hung them up. I feel crossbows should be for the disabled guys so they don't have to quit their sport.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: pats102862

I have no problem with across bow hunter who are bow hunters first. I think its great that bow hunters have an option if they developed a diability and they cant draw the bow anymore. I know to many people who never wanted to bow hunt for what ever reason run to the doctor, tell him their shoulder hurts and they need a medical excemption for a cross bow. They crossbow hunted for a few seasons, found out they did not have any advantage and hung them up. I feel crossbows should be for the disabled guys so they don't have to quit their sport.
very true, they think its easy to get deer with crossbow,it is if you put in time like compound archery hunter does.

on disabled, now the employeers are looking into this too.

a employee claims he got hurt at work, then company finds out they had a crossbow permit for a bad shoulder that they did not report at work .

many lawsuits are being denied and many employees that are not reporting their DISABILITY aregetting into trouble at work.

i represented many employees in union and i told them at our meetings 5 years ago, if you report you are disabled for crossbow,YOU BETTER REPORT IT TO YOUR BOSS,BECAUSE IF YOU GET HURT AND DID NOT REPORT IT, they will try to fire you.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is how the Democrats won, doom and gloom! This is not imperil and people are starting to show more and more support once the elitist bow groups in PA make there thoughts and feelings on this issue known. This is the same thing when compounds were introduced in PA, doom and gloom!
Old 01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

This is how the Democrats won, doom and gloom! This is not imperil and people are starting to show more and more support once the elitist bow groups in PA make there thoughts and feelings on this issue known. This is the same thing when compounds were introduced in PA, doom and gloom!
Asking fair questions and wanting them answered before things change forever isn't doom and gloom. It's just good sense.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Watch and see.

Quick Reply: PA crossbow amendment in peril

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.