Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

He can stop now

Old 01-15-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default He can stop now

Twister, I found a loophole for you that unless repealed, makes it ok to shoot your spike. You can stop the hijacking now...

Quote from PGC website:

2003 – Antler restrictions are implemented for hunting seasons to allow more bucks to reach older age classes statewide. Much of the state follows a three points to one antler rule; 10 western counties have a four points to one antler rule. Antlered deer taken in Special Regulations Area counties must have a spike at least three inches long, or an antler with at least two points.

WAS THIS CHANGED, OR IS IT A MISPRINT?

LINK

THEN ADD THIS AND YOU CAN'T LOSE!
2006 -- Hunters in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties, beginning Dec. 26, were permitted to hunt for deer over bait on private property as a result of regulatory changes approved by the Game Commission.

I JUST DON'T SEE HOW YOUSEE NO DEER IN SUCH AN OVERPOPULATED PLACE.?

Old 01-15-2009, 11:44 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: He can stop now

I can tell you Chester county is over rated. 10 years ago it was full of deer everywhere. No more , just selected patrolled areas. I would see a hundred deer on the hopewell federal park. Absolutly no hunting allowed, but now I see 10. Guys have stooge buddies walk through the park and chase them out. And when they run on to the gamelands they mow them down with a couple dozen guns. They shoot untill they all fall.Then divide them up among all the people. Unlimited doe permits available in 5c you know.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

i dont think twister will ever stop livbucks
Old 01-16-2009, 03:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Initially,ARs did not apply to the SRA counties. However, the commissioners bowed to the demands of trophy hunters and expanded ARs to SRAs which was one of the dumbest moves they have made regarding ARs and HR.

Areas in 5C that are open to hunting got hammered from 2000-2005 and those areas are far from over populated. The cities, towns ,parks and some developments are still over run with deer and the PGC still wants to reduce our herd by 15% so they keep increasing the allocations and we have the longest antlerless season in the state.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

AR's in SRA's were initially kept at the old antiquated standard but they were brought up to the statewide standards after feedback from hunters overwhelmingly supported them.

I JUST DON'T SEE HOW YOUSEE NO DEER IN SUCH AN OVERPOPULATED PLACE.?
This is just a guess but maybe the constant clacking of a keyboard spoils the deers appetite?
Old 01-16-2009, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

AR's in SRA's were initially kept at the old antiquated standard but they were brought up to the statewide standards after feedback from hunters overwhelmingly supported them.
I am not the least bit surprised that you would support a decision that over ruled the advice of the trained deer management professionals. Trophy hunters will support whatever it takes make harvesting a trophy easier,while claiming they are superior to the average hunter. It makes absolutely no sense to have a protected class of deer in areas where the primary goal of deer management is to reduce the herd to 6 DPSM or less.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I knew all along that it was repealed. It is just funny that it isn't stated in the timeline on the PGC website.
Just figured we could argue here, instead of hijacking threads about unrelated issues.

Have you tried baiting, BB2?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you tried baiting, BB2?
No, there is too much food and too much hunting pressure to make it effective, plus I have no desire to shoot a deer over bait.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

So ya can't even bait em in eh?
Old 01-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Typical Buck

12. While we encourage lively debate, we will not tolerate personal attacks. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and have their message removed. Any future incident thereafter will result in that member being removed from the forum.

Quick Reply: He can stop now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.