Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 walkin in my woods >

walkin in my woods

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

walkin in my woods

Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default walkin in my woods

This afternoon i took a walk around the woods to look around
see how corn feeder is look for animal tracks . the trac of land
i walked on is a small woods on the far end of my property about
40 acres i found some deer tracks and 12 deer beds they all
looked fresh execpt for 2 but i only made one big loop around
outside of it so i guess in the end that should mean i have atleast
6 deer min in a small woods there is a field above the woods that i have 20 acres and below woods is a big fields someone else owns dont think
deer pop is too bad in 3c
Just wondering if anyone else has did any walking since last snow
Old 01-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: walkin in my woods

Did a very short walk through one of our 2B spots todaytoward my buddy on the other end with his bow. Put out 7 does and 4 bucks. 2 of the bucks were AR legal and one was a very nice8 that would go around 125"-130". We never saw this guy all season. Guess he has a digest. He'll be super next year!

Just did that one very short walk. This arctic air isreal tough tobreathe with this old bum ticker

The deer were up on their feet and moving everywhere we drove in the truck. Dang I wish I could have handled it a bit longer and stayed out
Old 01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

yes the artic air is cold took atv about half mile to get to woods i wanted to look at and the
air gives you brain freeze at 45 mph out in open
i didnt see any deer but it was noisy in the wood and icy should have wore ice cleets
Old 01-14-2009, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

As you said, the woods was noisy as all getout. Funny thing is that big buck was bedded and let me walk to within 25 yards of him
Old 01-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

probaly didnt want to leave his nice warm bed who can blame him
i am sure i wont want to leave my warm bed at 330 tom morning
Old 01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Did a very short walk through one of our 2B spots todaytoward my buddy on the other end with his bow. Put out 7 does and 4 bucks. 2 of the bucks were AR legal and one was a very nice8 that would go around 125"-130". We never saw this guy all season. Guess he has a digest. He'll be super next year!

Just did that one very short walk. This arctic air isreal tough tobreathe with this old bum ticker

The deer were up on their feet and moving everywhere we drove in the truck. Dang I wish I could have handled it a bit longer and stayed out

we used to have hunting like that on PUBLICLAND in wmu2g,now to get that kind of hunting you have to hunt 2B.

1 of my friends kids lives in zeinanople,i hope i spelled that right.

he wont even come here to hunt in clinton county anymore.

nothing for him to get a doe in 2B.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Funny thing is that big buck was bedded and let me walk to within 25 yards of him

That's the way hunting is on a deer farm.

I've been out every day since the snow and I'm seeing a few tracks that are being made by a group of 4 antlerless that have been hanging around since the concurrent season ended. Haven't seen a legal buck since archery season.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Funny thing is that big buck was bedded and let me walk to within 25 yards of him

That's the way hunting is on a deer farm.

I've been out every day since the snow and I'm seeing a few tracks that are being made by a group of 4 antlerless that have been hanging around since the concurrent season ended. Haven't seen a legal buck since archery season.
I could give you somepointers but you'll have to straighten up and quit making up facts as you go along before I'd agree to teach you.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't need any pointers from a guy that has it that easy. You'd be in for a rude awakening if you hunted where I do. Now I know your response will be if hunting is so bad why do you hunt there? My answer is that I live here and there is no reason we shouldn't have good hunting like we had in the past and this is where I want to hunt.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

part of hunting is figuring out where the deer are. I was merely offering to help you with that.When onecan't or won't learn,he is doomed to make the same mistakes over and over.

Quick Reply: walkin in my woods

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.