Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Some of my artwork >

Some of my artwork

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Some of my artwork

Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Some of my artwork

I've gotten back into wildlife artwork since deer season, I gave away the two deer pictures to my father and stepfather as Xmas gifts. The Lynx drawing is the first drawing I have done with the intent on selling it. I'm going to sketch as many as I can this year and then maybe rent a booth at a popular art festival in my area in September.

I have worked with color since the early early 90's and really haven't done much artwork in the last 10 years in general, so I'm rusty but getting better with each one. The backgrounds are kicking my butt though.

Keep in mind these are just pictures of them so the color and contrast are off a tad.

This is a portait of my stepfathers 2 best deer, he shot them in 1984 and the roll of film got ruined so there is no pictures of them, so I got a little creative to right that wrong.

Here is a portrait of the 10 point I got this year.

I'm finishing this one up today, I have some detail work to finish up and I want to try and fix a few shadows, like I said I'm a little rusty.

A lion I did for my wife a few years ago.

I've had an idea for the last few years to start a website/business doing custom work where I draw a portrait of hunters deer. They send me a pic of their antlers and I draw their deer in a similar fashion as above. I haven't followed through with it because I don't think I could make any real profit given the amount of time it takes me these days. If I get back into form and can crank one of these out in 3-4 hours instead of 10-12 I may try and do it. I'm getting quicker with each one but when I get to the background it's likeI hit a wall and go slow as heck. [&:]

Up next is a Grizzly bear with some cubs, then maybe an owl. Well, that concludes my show and tell. [8D]
Old 01-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Some of my artwork

Thats impressive stuff
Old 01-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: scarp262

Thats impressive stuff
Thanks, I brought the Lynx drawing into work to finish it up at lunch and just sat there brainstorming the whole time, never once put pastel to paper, lol. You can always add, but you can't take away and it's already busy as hell yet I think it needs something. I need to get it done today though because I want to start that Grizzly tonight.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Very nice work. It must be great to have talent. I have trouble drawing a straight line.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice work
Old 01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some very nice stuff Brent!

One of my oldest friends is a wildlife artist and he even has a half dozen of his works out as prints. I have no artistic ability butI appreciate good stuff. If this is your rusty stuff, you havesome real potential.

Old 01-14-2009, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys, looks that Lynx pic may have got me my first customer for custom work. The daughter ofthe Maryland State Record Non Typical wants me to do a portrait as a gift for her father. She saw the pic when my dad printed the e-mail I sent him out. I told her $150.00 is she wanted me to draw the deer and her father, which in my opinion is cheap for 8 hours of my life, maybe more, we'll see.

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Some very nice stuff Brent!

One of my oldest friends is a wildlife artist and he even has a half dozen of his works out as prints. I have no artistic ability butI appreciate good stuff. If this is your rusty stuff, you havesome real potential.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 AM

I told her $150.00 is she wanted me to draw the deer and her father, which in my opinion is cheap for 8 hours of my life, maybe more, we'll see.
Thats $18.75 per hour....lol....
Old 01-15-2009, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Prozacaddict

I told her $150.00 is she wanted me to draw the deer and her father, which in my opinion is cheap for 8 hours of my life, maybe more, we'll see.
Thats $18.75 per hour....lol....
Yeah, super cheap, but of course it's tax free. I'm emailing to tell him I'd only charge $75.00 for just the deer.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job on the artwork.

Quick Reply: Some of my artwork

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.