Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE >

ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

Old 01-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

here is idea i use so i dont have to carry my wallet with me in woods.

i make copy of my PISTOL PERMIT.

it has my picture on it.

then i stick it in back of my hunting license.this way you have ID on you if the WCO wants it and it is law .

you could also use your drivers lic but i carry a pistol while in woods sometimes ,so i like the pistol permit.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

I keep an expired drivers license in my license holder.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I keep an expired drivers license in my license holder.
i just threw mine in garbage
Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if an expired license is a legal document? I use Sprouls idea, because anyone can dig i the garbage for that info livbuks. Ain't taking you on just thinking through the iD process and how touchy Law is about such.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: sproulman

here is idea i use so i dont have to carry my wallet with me in woods.

i make copy of my PISTOL PERMIT.

it has my picture on it.

then i stick it in back of my hunting license.this way you have ID on you if the WCO wants it and it is law .

you could also use your drivers lic but i carry a pistol while in woods sometimes ,so i like the pistol permit.
Thats a great idea Sproul!

The only question I can think of is whether or not a WCO would take issue with a copy. MaybeRSB or WCO RWJ can tell us how they'd look at it.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 AM
Fork Horn

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's. I could move to WV tomorrow and and then try to use them to prove residency in PA. Would a Trooper accept a copy of your DL because you were afraid of losing your wallet?

I wonder whats going to happen when we no longer have to display our license? If guys dont want to take thier wallet in the woods now what are they going to do then?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WCO R.W.J

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's. I could move to WV tomorrow and and then try to use them to prove residency in PA. Would a Trooper accept a copy of your DL because you were afraid of losing your wallet?

I wonder whats going to happen when we no longer have to display our license? If guys dont want to take thier wallet in the woods now what are they going to do then?
I see your point on the copied ID. Never thought of that.

When I hunt other states, the license is in a ziplock in my pack. As for the diplaying the license, we are in the minority there and it doesn't seem to be a problem in the sates where display is not required. Cheaters wil cheat no matter what the regs and an empty holder or an old license will fool a guy 100 yards away with binos who doesn't take a closer look. I realize the back tag lets you guys see it from a distance but don't you check when you get up close anyway?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

carry it in their back pack in a small vinyl packet or a zip lock bag. It always drove me crazy as to why we needed to display our licens. Very few states require it.
And what is really a problem is this. How would an WCO handle it?
Scenerio: You are required to display your license at all times in the middle of you back.Its fall turkey season.You are required to wear 250 sq inches of blaze orange while moving. But can be removed when stationary as long as 100 sq in of orange is visible 360* within 15' of your location. OK, so while moving, I have the orange vest and hat on. License displayed on my back. I get to were I am going, put up my 100 sq in of orange on a nearby tree trunk, sit down and take off my vest and hat and put on my camo face mask.
Legally I am required to take off my shirt or jacket and remove my license from my vest and place it on my shirt or jacket. Then if I move, go through the whole routine again. What a bunch of BS.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1
Ain't taking you on
I would hope we can argue over one point without being complete enemies. Haha.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WCO R.W.J

No I dont accept copy's or expired DL's.
The hunting license was already purchased and verified by photo ID and SS numbers. The only purpose of ID in the field is to verify that you are indeed the person to whom the license was issued. The expired drivers license is a valid photo ID the same as a Photo ID from the DMV. A state trooper will accept an expired DL as identification, just not as a valid driver's license of course.

NOT telling you your job of course...just my thoughts on the issue.

Quick Reply: ID IN YOUR HUNTING LICENSE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.