Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Regulations?? >

PA Regulations??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Regulations??

Old 01-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default PA Regulations??

A buddy told me that they are voting to allow crossbows next year in PA. Does anyone know the updates on this? Also, someone mentioned to me about in-lines in the late muzzleloader season. If the PA game commission continues to have the attitudethat killing more deer is better, then I can see them voting both in. Any info would be great.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA Regulations??

I believe the meeting is January 29th.
I am dreading this decision as I have about as bleak an outlook as they come in regards to letting X-bows in. I see NOTHING good coming of it. I hate it with all my being.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Inlines in the late season? Is nothing sacred anymore?
x-guns are coming, get used to that one.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i see them both as tools for hunters to choose from
Old 01-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

The decision is yours and it's called choice. You will have the option to choose wether you do or do not want to use a X-bow. Should a recurve guy be upset because someone else uses a compound? I have mixed feelings on the subject too but I have figured it's an individual choice and what do I care what weapon the other guy is using as long as it's legal. If a guy wants to dress up like Danial Boone and use a Flntlock great for him, he is hunting and having a great time, likewise can be said for archery, heck dress up like an indian if you want and use a long bow. Just so your having fun I don't see that it really matters what weapon your fellow hunterdecides to use
Old 01-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Banned

Crossguns arent bows, and they have no place in bow season. They belong in rifle season.

An unmotivatedfew people looking for a shortcut into 6 weeks of fall hunting, along with manufacturers looking to crack into the huge Pennsylvania hunting market are the only few lobbying for this nonsense. Also noteworthy, theexactsame commissioners on the board who are the "antideer" treehuggers on the commission are the ones who preliminarily voted yes for xguns at the last meeting.

We hardly need more harvest either, which Im pretty certain they will bring as well. Sure they could adjust the allocation, but remember, we are talking about the PENNSYLVANIA GAMELESS COMMISSION. The ones who believe the only good deer is a dead deer. They won't make the necessary adjustments to allocations, heck they won't even do that now.

Worse yet, the added buck harvest. Cant adjust allocations to fix that anyway.

No to crossrifles.[:'(]
Old 01-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Banned

"The decision is yours and it's called choice"

And many exercised their "choice" of contacting pgc and telling them they do not support crossguns....As always these days when it comes to notkilling more deer, the hunters werent heard by pgc.

Pallone, the worst commissioner to ever sit on our pgc boc said that they received lots of "no votes" from hunters, but she felt it is because hunters did not want more deer killed. So she basically ignored us and voted YES in her prelim. vote.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Huntingtherut

A buddy told me that they are voting to allow crossbows next year in PA. Does anyone know the updates on this? Also, someone mentioned to me about in-lines in the late muzzleloader season. If the PA game commission continues to have the attitudethat killing more deer is better, then I can see them voting both in. Any info would be great.

they want deer all killed off,so it most likely will pass it.

using in-lines in late season, another way to get a lot more hunters in woods killing off what deer are left.

THE MASTER PLAN BY THE DCNR/PGC IS TOO KILL OFF ALL DEER THAN CAN IN STATE.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gunnermhr

The decision is yours and it's called choice. You will have the option to choose wether you do or do not want to use a X-bow. Should a recurve guy be upset because someone else uses a compound? I have mixed feelings on the subject too but I have figured it's an individual choice and what do I care what weapon the other guy is using as long as it's legal. If a guy wants to dress up like Danial Boone and use a Flntlock great for him, he is hunting and having a great time, likewise can be said for archery, heck dress up like an indian if you want and use a long bow. Just so your having fun I don't see that it really matters what weapon your fellow hunterdecides to use
if seasons were like before,3 days of doe only, no early doe, i could see using the in-lines,crossbows etc.

but, to allow more weapons that can kill better, only reason for that is to get rid of deer.

right now you can use in-line or crossbow in regular gun season.

isnt 2 weeks enough, it wiping out deer now.

look what the early in-line season is doing to doe.1 whole week in oct to wipe doe out.

its SEASONS LENGTH THAT I OBJECT TOO on doe killing.

we have more time to kill a doe now than we did when we had 10 times number of doe,it should be the OTHER way around.[:@]

there should only be 3 days of doe killing in wmu2g, THATS IT.

let hunters use any weapon , but only 3 daysfollowing the regular buck 2 week season.

also 1 deer and your done in wmu2g
Old 01-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Typical Buck

Just because the PGC approves something or gives out 3/4 million doe permits does not mean the hunter must do it or try and fill all the tags. When will hunters get it ?? the future of pa hunting is in our hands,not a group of political cronies. I ceased hunting with a now x-friend when he told me this year,Hey the PGC gives me the right to kill as many does in 5c I want and that makes it legal. And I am going to kill what I deserve.

Quick Reply: PA Regulations??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.