Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Night Vision Scope? >

Night Vision Scope?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Night Vision Scope?

Old 01-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

Default Night Vision Scope?

I am looking into buying a night vision scope and wanted to know if anyone has one, used one or recommends a particular model. I am considering the Paladin MK390. Any thoughts?
Old 01-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Night Vision Scope?

IMHO, the advent of inexpensive night vision scopes and Boone & Crocket buck taken during the same period will be more than a slight coincidence.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

You are probably right there is a likely correlation. I wantthe scopefor predator hunting during the in-between season lull.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 4evrhtn

You are probably right there is a likely correlation. I wantthe scopefor predator hunting during the in-between season lull.
my camcorder is night vision by sony.

its real neat, i can see buck but he is black and ground and grass is white.

i have caught a few poachers shooting at my doe on my privateland too,and it has 850 powerzoom too.

it goes in my truck all time now while in woods.

new ones are getting smaller and fit in your shirt pocket.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I haven't seen any of the sony video recorders but it sounds pretty decent. I have hunted with a varmint light and they work but I would rather have the scope on my rifle serve the purpose of spotting and targeting. We have a coyote problem on club land and I will be using cable restraints in addition to hunting, otherwise we will never make a dent in the population. I have used night vision in the Marine Corps but haven't used any of these less expensive models offerred for civilian use. The Paladin seems to be a goodGen 1 scope with red target on green background. I haven't tried one yet but read it's description from different suppliers and wanted to know if anyone used it. I will most likely purchase it within the next 2 weeks unless someone gives me reason not to or recommends another comparably priced model with the same features.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

I wouldn't go with anything under Gen III technology and they are pricey as hell.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 4evrhtn

I haven't seen any of the sony video recorders but it sounds pretty decent. I have hunted with a varmint light and they work but I would rather have the scope on my rifle serve the purpose of spotting and targeting. We have a coyote problem on club land and I will be using cable restraints in addition to hunting, otherwise we will never make a dent in the population. I have used night vision in the Marine Corps but haven't used any of these less expensive models offerred for civilian use. The Paladin seems to be a goodGen 1 scope with red target on green background. I haven't tried one yet but read it's description from different suppliers and wanted to know if anyone used it. I will most likely purchase it within the next 2 weeks unless someone gives me reason not to or recommends another comparably priced model with the same features.
sony thing is called NIGHT SHOT,i took it out last year and tried it, yes, it does work .it has switch on top.mine is 850 zoom but things blur out if you go to high to close.

i had a leaf on limb that was say,5000 yards away,i sat on porch andbrought that leaf into focus,you believe that.

camera is also digital.

you dont ned all that ZOOM ,so if you get one, get one with less zoom but better mm on lense etc.

cameras have gotten smaller too, some you can almost fit in your shirt pocket.

animals come out in BLACK and everthing on ground is white and trees are black.

i would call them before buying and discuss theNIGHT SHOT.

cameras in new york city are cheapest prices you will get with freeshipping.

at night the coyotes will come in real close, we use 12 ga with no.4 shot full choke.

if you take your climbing stand and just get up 10 ft of ground on high ridge, you will get all coyotes you can shoot.

and most will be real close.

i dont hunt coyotes at night on ground, they will wind you.

in daylight , you can shoot one 200 yds away but MOST of coyotes come out at night.

i had ladderstand i left up after deer season,i killed 2 coyotes from that stand at 25 yards with shotgun at night.

there was snow on ground and i did not even need red light turned on.

pick a night with full moon,snow, treestand, and electronic call and a turkey decoy with RABBIT SCENT on it, you will get those coyotes.