Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers? >

Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers?

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

that may explain some results if a wco gets in hurry or has a bad day or just wants results to look
diffrent
not trying to p in any wco`s cheerios
And thats how they earn extra spending money from their local state farm agent.

Add that toa little moon lighting cash from stocking mountian lions and you can see how most W.C.O. spend the off season bone fishing in the islands.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That wasn't even close to being funny. But then again you have nothing else to contribute so I am the not least bit surprised.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not saying their outlaws but i went salmon fishing in pulaski ny with a wco he was sidearming
even thou it not legal there a fish warden pulled him and 3 others aside for safe fishing awards
a wco can turn his head when he wants to
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

That wasn't even close to being funny. But then again you have nothing else to contribute so I am the not least bit surprised.
I'm sorry about that itwas my fault ,I forgot to add the little

There is that better?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

There is that better?
Much better Jim! Remember, it's all in the delivery!

I still wouldn't quit my day job if I were you
Old 01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sorry about that it was my fault ,I forgot to add the little

There is that better?
No BJ, it is still nothing but mindless babbling.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is that better?
No BJ, it is still nothing but mindless babbling.
Knowning we haveyou,as ourresident expert on mindless babble I'm sure I"llsleep better.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite the mindless babbler!!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

The fishers are part of the PGC's new FR (flock reduction) program. The turkeys are outcompeting all other bird species, so a 50% reduction is being pushed for by the Audubon and the tree huggers. Top it off with the new spur restictions, and we have a mirror image of the phenomenally successful deer program. Bonus hen tags in the spring and 1 1/4" minimum spur length should quickly and dramatically reduce the flock and provide the privileged few with a chance at a real trophy tom. Apparently fishers are very capable turkey killers, known to prey onadults as well as juvenilles, and are notorious nest raiders as well. Just what the PGC ordered. Should accomplish in quick order what the coyotes have already been doing to the turkeys and what they have done with the deer fawns as well.

Posts like that and this thread in general reflect the fact that a sad day has come for hunters in Pennsylvania.

Since I began hunting in the late 60's hunters have always been able to proudly declare that we were responsible for the recovery of many species over the years,both game and nongame. Threads like this and posts like the last one show that we have some among us that are simply so selfish that they can't be bothered caring about wildlife unless it's something they can shoot.

Make no mistake about it, The future of hunting is in the hands of people who do not hunt. For years, the general nonhunting public has hada positive and generally correct view that hunters care and support all wildlife. Posts like these do nothing more than help the PETA folks who would seek to destroy that positive image and they will benefit by pointing out the selfish hunters among us.
Sure. Let's take your eco warrior stance here. Who will be leading the charge to reintroduce bison, timber wolves, (how about mt lions?), surely someday science will allow cloning dinosaurs and other prehistoric monsters.....where will it end? Do you support, then, the reintroduction of EVERY species that has ever come and gone from our region? Hand in hand with that extremist mantra is the elimination of every non native species that would include the ringnecked pheasant, brown and rainbow trout, and many other popular but transplanted species. When will the PGC stop holding hands with the birdwatcher/ conservation romantics? Fishers are NOT needed in a predatorial role today and neither were coyotes whether you believe their expansion was natural or manipulated. MAN is the number one predator of deer, now. Turkeys already suffer high enough predation rates that coupled with cyclic populations due to fluctuation of nesting successes, and managed seasons keep the birds in check.
If you couldn't see the satire and humor in my previous post, then I point it out to you now. But your post seems to be intended seriously, and I find it more ridicuous than my humorous one. Now that's irony.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Typical Buck

They need to reintroduce deer

Quick Reply: Why is the PGC reintroducing Fishers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.