Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifle season 2008 is history >

Rifle season 2008 is history

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifle season 2008 is history

Old 12-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rifle season 2008 is history

He has stated time and again that he will shoot every deer he can, button buck, doe, regardless of whether it be the last one in the county, all the while complaining of seeing no legal bucks since AR started, which I find highly unlikely. He says that is what the GC wants him to do and he is only following their plan.
He is so full of spite it drips out of his nose when he bends over.
It is truly dishonorable to intentionally misrepresent the statements of another hunter and it is almost as bad as filing a false report. I haven't shot a doe or a BB since 2001, although I have had numerous opportunities. Furthermore I passed on 12 legal buck in the 2001 and 2002 seasons combined. Killing a deer is not all that important to me at this stage of my life ,but the future of hunting in PA is a high priority for me.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

He has stated time and again that he will shoot every deer he can, button buck, doe, regardless of whether it be the last one in the county, all the while complaining of seeing no legal bucks since AR started, which I find highly unlikely. He says that is what the GC wants him to do and he is only following their plan.
He is so full of spite it drips out of his nose when he bends over.
It is truly dishonorable to intentionally misrepresent the statements of another hunter and it is almost as bad as filing a false report. I haven't shot a doe or a BB since 2001, although I have had numerous opportunities. Furthermore I passed on 12 legal buck in the 2001 and 2002 seasons combined. Killing a deer is not all that important to me at this stage of my life ,but the future of hunting in PA is a high priority for me.
I apologize then. I must have misunderstood your comments over at least the last four years. You have said what I refer to...maybe you didn't really mean it. I guess you just said it to ruffle feathers.

And to inform you...there is nowhere on a tag where you state what weapon was used...ZING!

Are you going to curtail the practice of kicking the antlers off of sub-ar bucks now or what??
Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

I see more deer during the first week and second than on the first day and first Saturday. On the first day and first Saturday there are a few hunters around on properties in my area, if the move around some it's the best chance at getting a buck, with bow season being the best. Even if the hunters don't walk through the patches of woods, these deer can see and hear them, so they stay in their beds until after dark.

I like to be in my stands by around 3:00, gives me enough time to smoke a couple cigs and drink a soda before the sun starts to go down. By 4:00 I start hunting seriously and came expect to see deer within the next 15 to 30 minutes if they are going to move before dark. The second week on Monday and Tuesday, I hunted from my stand right behind my house, about 75 yards, just to see if anything would come out at the other end of the field. Monday I saw seven, even though the farmer chopped the corn, Tuesday I saw four, but I was only scouting and would have only take a shot at a nice buck from that distance.

Went out Friday night to a closer stand to where those deer had come out, didn't even see a squirrel that night and only one little tweety bird plus two cats. Then Saturday evening I took a doe.

Before starting to hunt my own land about 11 years ago, I hunted SGL and private land open to hunters. I think it was the third year that I shot my first buck here, we didn't shoot doe for the first five years as we were only seeing four around. I was in one of my tripod stands with the camp sides on, when nine deer came acroos the field with two small buck in the back. They all ran across the field until the got to the edge of the woods, some as close as twenty yards and the two bucks about thirty. Didn't know if I wanted toshoot at the first buck or second, until the first buck put his horns down and went towards the second, that why I shot the first buck, no other reason. The buck I shot ran a piece into the field, all of the others took a jump or two and stood wathing the buck I hit. When I pumped a secondround is when they all took off running. The rest of that year there was a doe with two young ones, that would cross the field down along the creek, keep walking at a nice pace with her two young, also seemed to be looking up at my stand that I was in.

Since then I don't put another round into the rifle, untilafter the deer are gone out of sight. This year when I harvested my doe after ten minutes the others started movingaway, when they were around 75 yards I put another round in and that's when they started running. This is not a two time deal, because the four doe I harvested in between in between these two examples didn't run off because I didn't put another round in and two of those times I was using my in-line.

I was wondering if anyone else had these kinds of experiences, if it happens more in the farming areas or also in the big woods. Our farm country deer grow up living with humans and hear all kinds of noises, including gun fire and cars back fire. I have already fired my shotgun off down the bank, when deer were in the field, they just look on the first round but run if I fire again. I still don't know if it's because of the second round going off or if they hear the metal to metal noise from over a hundred yards away.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

but the future of hunting in PA is a high priority for me.
Well, unlike you I plan on doing MORE hunting in the future and I do not need or want your "help" in managing a CAFO with calf deer MSY as an ultimate priority.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coalcracker..I see that behavior on all deer both remote mountain deer and suburban. If you jack a new round in immediately, before the sound stops echoing, you can get away with it sometimes. That is what I do, although I almost never fire a second shot.

If you shoot and then wait more than ten seconds before chambering a new round, they will always spook. They can't determine where the shot came from on the first one, but any sounds you make after that, they will hone in on.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer do not have calves and believe me I am not concerned about your future. You have demonstrated you don't give a rip about your fellow hunters or the future of hunting in PA. It's all about you and big racks.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ido likemature bucks...no apologies there.
I do love to see a young guy/gal gettheir buck..any buck.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

And to inform you...there is nowhere on a tag where you state what weapon was used...ZING!
So are you saying you didn't file a report card indicating that buck was an archery kill? If so that is a second violation of the code!!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

You referred to the tag, numby.
Don't try the switcheroo to cover up the fact that you have never filled out a tag and didn't know there was no entry for weapon used. You just can't leave be until you get outted, and not even then.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tagging it as an archery kill was a violation because it was killed with a firearm.Reporting as an archery kill was a second violation and if you failed to report the kill it would still be a second violation.

Quick Reply: Rifle season 2008 is history

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.