Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Rifle season 2008 is history >

Rifle season 2008 is history

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Rifle season 2008 is history

Old 12-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rifle season 2008 is history

Give me the coordinates to your stand, BB2.
I wanna come check it out.
There must be very few hunters there.
Right up my alley.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Well your bunch is doing such a bang up job of managing the herd, I don't feel bad about slacking off on fawn slaughter that you show so much addiction to.
Our group hasn't harvested a fawn since 2001, so once again you are just blowing smoke.
Doesn't sound like your group can kill much of any thing ,maybe fawns would be a good starting point. With spikes off limits ,maybe its time for another past time,maybe something that you findmore enjoying than you do deer hunting.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Based on your original post it appears that you haven't filled a tag just like the six members in our group. I guess you don't like eating venison anymore than you like your fellow hunters who aren't rack hunters like you.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: livbucks

Give me the coordinates to your stand, BB2.
I wanna come check it out.
There must be very few hunters there.
Right up my alley.
Don't be a wise guy. You are the one that admitted to violating the game laws not me.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't shot a doe in longer than I care to remember.I had dozens of chances if I chose to shoot one.
Here we have a prime example of a rack hunter who does nothing to contribute to the management of the herd, but yet belittles those that do the work of controlling the herd.

I hunted 5C and saw a grand total of 3 antlerless deer in 10 days of hunting. Of course .like archery hunters ,I didn't hunt from dawn to dusk but I did hunt 10 of the 12 days. No one in our group of six harvested a deer and we only missed the opportunity to harvest 1 legal buck during the concurrent season.
3 deer in 10 days of hunting? Mostnon hunters in PAsee more than that in 10 days on their daily commutes to work!

You and your buddies ARE the omega hunters! You guys really ought to consider golf there BB! Just think, if you could get as good at golf as you are at hunting, you could shoot a 150 every day
Old 12-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Based on your original post it appears that you haven't filled a tag just like the six members in our group. I guess you don't like eating venison anymore than you like your fellow hunters who aren't rack hunters like you.
No bucks tagged in PA,but I was quite effective in another state. nothing you would likely shoot any ways, it was old and tough with big knarly horns that kept getting hung up on the brushwhile I was getting him out of the woods.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the buck Jim! Where'd you get him? Got any pics?
Old 12-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

3 deer in 10 days of hunting? Most non hunters in PA see more than that in 10 days on their daily commutes to work!
Most non-hunters don't see deer unless there are draped across the hood of their car. And , BTW my wife saw over 20 deer within the city limits just 6 miles from where we hunt and that observation has absolutely no relevance to the hunting conditions in our area.

As I recall you haven't filled your buck tag just like the six members in our group.So are you an omega hunter or an alpha hunter or just a pain in the butt?

Old 12-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rifle season wasn't too bad. I hunted 2B for the opener and only saw one small spike. [&:]

1st saturday I took a doe with my revolver in 2D. Saw 18 does, no bucks. My Dad got a doe too & saw 30 deer, 1 small buck
2nd Friday I saw 8 more doe in 2D
Last day in 2DI saw 11 deer, 1 decent looking buck, only saw him for a flash though.
My biggest concern was not seeing any small bucks during gun season. Last few years I'd see 2-4 small ones being pushed around each day. This year, buck sightings were WAY down. (In gun season only...I saw bunches in archery) Which makes it more shocking not to see them again in rifle.

I'm not sure how much I will get out the rest of the year, I have 3 2B tags still left, a 2A that I never even went down to hunt in, and of course my buck tag. I have no real intentions of even trying to pick up a buck during late archery, after last year, I'd be better off sitting here arguing with BB2[8D]
Old 12-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Never give up Rybo!! It's never over till the last miniute of the last day! My two best bucks in PA have been taken in late season. Last year I finally took the buck I hunted for three years on the next to last afternoon.
I saw that particular buck only in the late season each of three years. Once I had him at 15 yards on the LAST day but my buck tag was already gone.

Yes, the odds are long, but I happened to be in his "inner core area" when pressure from the late season 2B gun hunters put him there.

Ya just never know......

Quick Reply: Rifle season 2008 is history

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.