Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Disgusting...

Old 12-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Disgusting...

Our neighboring property, Correctional Institute, just had their two day doe only slaughter this week. Lots of shots and a good number of deer taken. I drove by where they have their check station and there, laying on the bed of a game commission truck was a bruiser of a buck. Wish I had a camera guys. This thing was enormous. Wide enough in fact that the left side was even with the top of the bed rails. Lord knows how many points it had.

The disgusting thing is, some "hunter" shot it. This was only supposed to be a doe hunt. Either the guy is blind, because there is absolutely no way you'd miss head gear like that, or he's an *@#hole and shot it on purpose. I'm friends with a couple of guys that work for the prison and they said it was a mistake kill. Unbelievable.

No wonder gun hunters get a bad rap. A few idiots like that make all of us look bad.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Disgusting...

What authority would the game commission have to conviscate it?The guy broke a rule for that piece of property butthat doesn't mean he broke a game law.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry ,but last time I checked,the PGC controls all the deer hunts even on private property since the property owners do not own the deer that live on it.Any hunt on private property hunting state deer has to be approved and run by the PGC under their rules.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas2 is correct. The PGC has complete authority to control special hunts on state owned property. The PGC "sponsors" these hunts.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

On two occasions while doe hunting, in the past, I had harvested the deer that I wasn't aiming at. While squeezing the trigger another deer stepped into the line of fire. This accounted for one of my two button buck kills.

I'd give this hunter the benefit of the doubt, these things can and do happen.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

On two occasions while doe hunting, in the past, I had harvested the deer that I wasn't aiming at. While squeezing the trigger another deer stepped into the line of fire. This accounted for one of my two button buck kills.

You gotta be kidding me.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe two deer were fornicating and he got two with one shot.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

All I can say is W T F ???
Old 12-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow......Coalcracker......wow.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

[&:][&:]
Um wow.
TWICE!

Quick Reply: Disgusting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.