Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Tracking Devices for Treestands >

Tracking Devices for Treestands

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Tracking Devices for Treestands

Old 12-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tracking Devices for Treestands

ORIGINAL: maugus63

I had a brand new ladder stand stolen a couple of years back before the season even started, I never even hunted from it! This was on private land that is well marked and not near any property line. After that I purchased Master Lock Python cable locks for all my stands. They are about $18.00 at walmart and I havent lost any since. I also took a blank posted sign backer board and wrote a message to the thieves if they returned to the spot. I wrote that I hope they fell out of it and broke thier neck. I dont know if they came back again but it made me feel better to vent!

MIKE
this is why we use 49 dollar stands from dicks, no one wants them.

yes, more stands are stolen on PRIVATELAND than on publicland..

reason is, the more expensive stands are put on privateland.

they know difference.

DREMEL rechargable tools are being used now to cut your cables off.

also trail cameras are being stolen on privateland too and best months they are doing it is,sept/oct/nov.

it so bad that i have to disquise my tracks in snow or they will follow my tracks to cameras.

even in feb/march.[:@]

Old 07-29-2009, 04:08 PM

Default gps to stop catch the a hole

I HAD MY STANDS STOLEN NOW I AM GOING TO HAVE MY DAY WITH A GPS TRACKING DEVICE THAT HAS REAL TIME TRACKING A GEO FENCE IF MY STANDS MOVES 5 FEET FROM ITS SPOT I GET A TEXT AND THEN I GET TO SEE WERE THE STAND IS GOING SO I CAN WATCH THE POLICE KNOCK ON HIS DOOR AND GET MY STAND BACK ASWELL AS WATCH THE POLICE TAKE HIM AWAY THIS IS WHAT WE CALL BUSTED !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

It sux losing stands. I've lost 4 during the last several years. Now I just use a Lone Wolf. Had a handicapped kid last year that I was wheeling into a blind setup that I put up for him along a pipeline during the inline season. Went to get in the blind the 3rd morning and damn if some lowlife SOB didn't steal the blind overnight.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Spike

The way i llok at it is this way. On public land ,if you leave your stand up all year it is considered abandon. I believe it even says that you are not allowed to leave your stand up all year on public land. I think they should be like traps. They have to be removed from trees certain times of the year along with have your name and address placed on them. Again if you leave a stand up and don't take it home with you after the hunt,I consider that abandonment. You wouldn't leave your gun or gps or other hunting equipment in the woods over night would you? You can't claim an area on public land as your own as many hunters who archery hunt do. Beside that. you people do the work for other hunters by showing us where the deer are by where your tree stand is.Thank you for the work to help me get a deer.

If it is stolen off of public land,you better be able to prove you didn't abandon it. Like when was the last time you used your stand and why did you leave it there on public property?
I don't think anything can be done really if stolen off public property and no one was around to claim it.

Last edited by cvtrapper; 07-30-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cvtrapper
The way i llok at it is this way. On public land ,if you leave your stand up all year it is considered abandon. I believe it even says that you are not allowed to leave your stand up all year on public land. I think they should be like traps. They have to be removed from trees certain times of the year along with have your name and address placed on them. Again if you leave a stand up and don't take it home with you after the hunt,I consider that abandonment. You wouldn't leave your gun or gps or other hunting equipment in the woods over night would you? You can't claim an area on public land as your own as many hunters who archery hunt do. Beside that. you people do the work for other hunters by showing us where the deer are by where your tree stand is.Thank you for the work to help me get a deer.

If it is stolen off of public land,you better be able to prove you didn't abandon it. Like when was the last time you used your stand and why did you leave it there on public property?
I don't think anything can be done really if stolen off public property and no one was around to claim it.
They way I read your reply,sounds like you may have packed out a few stands that didn't belong to you? Before you purse your lips and start blowing some bullchit. I hunt public land. When on public land, you are correct,when you stated I can't claim that area as my own. I fully understand,that if I put up a ladder stand or hang-on, on public ground. That I can and do expect the possibility of somebody else,in my stand when I arrive their. But for any rotten low life to take something that does "not" belong to them.Let's just say, better hope you don't get caught.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

The way i llok at it is this way. On public land ,if you leave your stand up all year it is considered abandon.
sonny you have obviously been raised wrong. .. IT AINT YOURS SO DONT TOUCH IT. do you honestly think a 100$ ladder stand or 200$ trail camera is abandoned? yes there are laws in some areas that require removal but to justify in your little head that its o.k. to take something that aint yours because you have made it right in your own mind is dumb. just because you come across a tree stand or trail camera doesnt mean you become the kid in the candy store.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Spike

I am tired of hearing waawaaa someone stole my tree stand. Well take it home with you when you leave. It's your own fault it gets stolen. You lock it up during close season and cry when you go there when it opens and it is gone. It deserves to be stolen and taken. You think you have the right to hunt the same spot every year because you leave your stand there. BS. Take your stand when season is over and your stand won't be stolen. How many stands are actually stolen in season? Prob very few,it is when idiots leave them there all year they get stolen. Go cry to someone else for you not obeying the laws when it comes to stands on public land. You die hard hunters,You know the out every day hunting and in your stand. Think about it. Is your stand stolen from you? No, it is the ones who are lazy and don't hunt hard that gets their stands stolen. Keep crying people. Obey the laws on public land and your stand won't get stolen.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Typical Buck

I am tired of hearing waawaaa someone stole my tree stand. Well take it home with you when you leave. It's your own fault it gets stolen. You lock it up during close season and cry when you go there when it opens and it is gone. It deserves to be stolen and taken. You think you have the right to hunt the same spot every year because you leave your stand there. BS. Take your stand when season is over and your stand won't be stolen. How many stands are actually stolen in season? Prob very few,it is when idiots leave them there all year they get stolen. Go cry to someone else for you not obeying the laws when it comes to stands on public land. You die hard hunters,You know the out every day hunting and in your stand. Think about it. Is your stand stolen from you? No, it is the ones who are lazy and don't hunt hard that gets their stands stolen. Keep crying people. Obey the laws on public land and your stand won't get stolen.
Who on this thread said anything about abandoning a stand,blind or camera on public ground all year besides yourself?
Old 08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Spike

Most stands are stolen in off season from lazy arses who do not remove them from public land. You don't need no tracking devices if you obey the laws. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR STAND SET UP ALL YEAR LONG. Again if it gets stolen your to blame. And how can you call it stolen if you abandon it till next season? Trying to change the subject now because you know I am right and you are wrong. The reason stands get stolen is because they are left in the woods on public property. I bet if you left your fishing pole set on the bank till you came back next week you would call the police and fish commision reporting it stolen also if it wasn't there. Same thing idiots do on public land with tree stands.
If it is on public property,take it home with you and NO TRACKING DEVICE WOULD BE NEEDED..................... Again don't complain when your stands come up missing if you leave them in the woods.
Old 08-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

Most stands are stolen in off season from lazy arses who do not remove them from public land. You don't need no tracking devices if you obey the laws. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR STAND SET UP ALL YEAR LONG. Again if it gets stolen your to blame. And how can you call it stolen if you abandon it till next season? Trying to change the subject now because you know I am right and you are wrong. The reason stands get stolen is because they are left in the woods on public property. I bet if you left your fishing pole set on the bank till you came back next week you would call the police and fish commision reporting it stolen also if it wasn't there. Same thing idiots do on public land with tree stands.
If it is on public property,take it home with you and NO TRACKING DEVICE WOULD BE NEEDED..................... Again don't complain when your stands come up missing if you leave them in the woods.
Read through the reply's one more time. "WHO" said they where leaving their equipment on public land all year?

Quick Reply: Tracking Devices for Treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.