Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Jersy Bear Hunters, come on in. >

Jersy Bear Hunters, come on in.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Jersy Bear Hunters, come on in.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default Jersy Bear Hunters, come on in.

New Jersey Governor Urged to Solve Bear Crisis
State Legislators Press Gov. Corzine to Deal with Increasing Complaints
12/3/08
Three state legislators have called on New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine to do something about the state’s growing bear problem
In a December 1 press release, Senator Steven Oroho (R- Franklin Burrough) and Assemblypersons Alison Littell McHose (R- Franklin) and Gary Chiusano (R- Frankford Township) called on Corzine to “adopt scientifically-valid policies in light of a dramatic upswing in bear-related complaints and damage incidents.” The release was issued as new numbers compiled by the state Division of Fish and Wildlife illustrated a massive increase in bear-related complaints. Calls to the state regarding bears increased 96.7 percent in 2008.
The legislators pointed to the increasing number of damage and nuisance complaints over the past year. Those complaints increased from 896 in 2007 to 1,845 in 2008. Additionally, according to the release, complaints involving risk to public safety or property rose 155 percent.
The press release criticized the Governor’s bear management policy as being “based on little more than a reflexive opposition to hunting, disregard of science and a dose of wishful thinking.” Furthermore,it states that while the Governor “has rejected our attempts to implement a reasonable and science-based policy to deal with the escalating bear crisis, it is time for the Governor to announce what he intends to do to protect the safety of the people of northwestern New Jersey…”
New Jersey’s bear management policy has been a recurring issue. The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Foundation (USSAF)sued the state in 2006 to permit the hunting of bears.
http://www.ussportsmen.org//Page.asp...p;erid=1759282
[/align]
Old 12-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Jersy Bear Hunters, come on in.

I suggest the the NJ Gov. have the problem bears tranqualized and relocated into PETA member's backyards where they will be safe from harm. And when the PETA person calls the authorities, they should just tell them, "you started it - now its your problem".
Old 12-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

Hopefully some little child isn't attacked or eaten in order for something to be done about this situation. Are people really so stupid to not be able to grasp why a season is needed.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes, they are. In the land of liberal make believe, bears are cuddly cute creatures and things like carrying capacity don't exist.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

Unfortunately I think it is going to take someone getting killed down there before the bear hunting situation changes. I guess it would be bad karma to hope its a PETA member who gets eaten...
Old 12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe most NJ bears eventually make their way north to NY or PA. Up here in NY, a bear tag comes w/ every big game lic.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

You need a Governer with a pair.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:16 PM

OUR LAST GOVERNOR HAD A PAIR, JUST ASK HIS BOYFRIEND!!!!! I JUST WENT TO A SEMINAR ON BLACK BEAR TAUGHT BY THE DIVISION OF FISH AND GAME. BEAR COMPLAINTS HAVE RISEN AT AN ALARMING RATE AND THEY CAN'T KEEP UP. THE DIVISION IS REALLY PUSHING FOR A BEAR SEASON BUT CORZINE WILL VETO ANYTHING THAT COMES HIS WAY. IT REALLY IS GOING TO TAKE FOR SOMEONE TO BE KILLED BEFORE HE GETS PRESSURED TO ALLOW THE HUNT.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

[quoteOUR LAST GOVERNOR HAD A PAIR, JUST ASK HIS BOYFRIEND][/quote]

Now that's funny right there. I lived up there during his tenure and the last year or two of Christy girl's [:'(]
Old 12-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

I look at it this way, people areover developing and pushing further and further into what is left of NJ.One day (hopefully not to late)everybodywill eventually realize that THEY created the problem. I amall for land stewardship, renewable resources andmaintaining a level carrying capacity for everything that lives and breathes and walks this earth. BUT I am sick of everybody waiting until something gets out of hand then they come knocking on our door. I am not someone's exterminator of something that should have seen a limited # of permits for hunters for years. The bears of NJ have become a political figure for many years now and I say let them (politiciansdeal with it) as I will go out of state to hunt bears. This state is a joke and soare thecorrupt leaders of it too.I hopethat a bearmakes it to Princeton andcops a squat right on the front lawn of the governor's mansion! LOL that would be hilarious!

Quick Reply: Jersy Bear Hunters, come on in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.