Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Decent Delaware Deer Down >

Decent Delaware Deer Down

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Decent Delaware Deer Down

Old 11-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Default Decent Delaware Deer Down

You guys may remember this trail camera picture i posted:

Finally caught a break this morning. Hadnt seen a buck in a month in a half not even any scrub bucks

Old 11-11-2008, 06:00 PM

Default RE: Decent Delaware Deer Down

Old 11-11-2008, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

DELAWARE - Whats the inside spread on that bad boy?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Thats real nice!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

man u hit him right in the knuckles nice deer
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

looks like u got him in the same spot as the trailcam pic..he liked the corn...what did u
mix with it??
Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

WAY to go ..Nice buck.. Lucky you ...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM

Nope about a mile away from where the picture was taken to where i killed him. They are my buddys pics who hunts the way way backside of the chunk of woods. Its real long, but i only have access to about 10 acres on opposite end. Story to come.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:53 PM

Well this season has been a rough one for sure. I picked up a new piece of property the night before bow season opened. I had seen 5 great bucks out there throughtout the summer in a field that was land locked with mine but i actually couldnt hunt. I had seen the 5 bucks together the first wed. of season but they were just out of range. I hadnt seen any of them since. There have been people walking around the woods, and people sneaking in as well, which its been super hard to hunt i believe because of this. The amount of woods that i can hunt is super small, it may be 300-400 acres of woods, but i may be able to hunt 10 of them.

I hunted the same tree for a while, and always seen deer, but wanted to keep my presence low at the property, and passed many does and small bucks here. That began my drought. I hadnt seen a buck in a month and a half until yesterday. I was so frustrated i hadnt killed anything with the bow i was ready to give it up. Everything that could go wrong in the woods did go wrong. I spent plenty of hours in thebowshop whining how i was gonna give it up for the rest of the year if nothing happened soon.

Stayed up all night, and decided to hunt when 4 a.m. rolled around and i was still watching movies. Ive been so frustrated i havent been able to sleep at all. Made it to my stand about hour before light, and hadnt seen anything. Around 6:55am i said if i didnt see a deer that morning, i was done for a while. A minute later i noticed a body about 40 or so yards to my left. Before the thought processed through my headed realizing what it was, it started walkin directly at me, and i knew it was the buck from the trail camera pic. He was walking straight for me so i couldnt stand up nor could i even attempt to grab my bow. He walked to 20 yards and winded me and looked at me for a few moments and turned and walked away on an angle stopping every step, so i was still pinned down. He made it another 5 yards, and he lifted his head high and def winded me and trotted off. My heart broke because like i said i havent caught one break the last month or so. As he trotted off i jumped up and grabbed my bow hoping he would stop. He stopped sure enough, and i guess the thought of a couple of kernels of corn on the ground was bigger then his fear of me. He walked straight for the corn (was all gone, had been for a couple of days) and as he got behind a tree i drew my bow. Well you know how it goes he stood right behind that tree for literally two minutes. I started gettin tired and couldnt hold it anymore, but i didnt wanna come down from draw risking my arrow slamming the shelf with the drop away. So i toughed it out and he finally made the step into my shooting lane. You know the end of the story, i smoked him through the lungs and center punched the heart. He ran about 70 yards and crashed in sight. Goes to show you dont give up, its all a matter of being in the right spot at the right time. Patience pays off big time.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where are you hunting , like Sussex, maybe?

Quick Reply: Decent Delaware Deer Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.