Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 11-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

I guess I can't understand what the big mystery is about the locations cougars inhabit and why there is such a strong need to deny it. Don't see a body, kill, scat, tracks? Guess what, when there are only a handful of them you won't see much. We had coyotes in MI when I grew up there and I've still never seen one in that state. Occasional tracks, but that's it. Only one hunter I know if ever saw one either. But when a local guy with dogs takes them out to hunt coyotes for the weekend he comes up with several.

MI DNR denied cougars in the state too. Finally someone got sick of being told they were seeing things and paid out of pocket to have some scat analyzed and it came back cougar. So the DNR goes from denying they exist to passing a protection order (while still officially denying they exist).

In 2005 I was living in the outer suburbs of Detroit and I go out one morning and there one is lying in my backyard. No I did not get a pic or video, I was too busy getting my shotgun in case it went after my dog. The DNR came out, told me I was seeing things, until I informed them I was a trained biologist. Then they asked me not to tell anybody... I asked why, and they wouldn't give me a good reason.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah...The PA game commission used to deny them to but now they're starting to admin that they're here.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: johndeere850dlc

I don't have a digital camara so I can't take any pictures.
take a cheap wal-mart camera and take picture.

then PM me and i will give you my addresss to send it to.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The PGC never denied the existence of coyotes.They have pictures of them in game news articles dating back to the 1940's.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

There are real cougar pictures in Pa! Just stop by Cougar Bobs Tavern in Kelletville PA and they'll show em to you! (of course the cougar was kind of docile when Bob made a leash out of an extension cord and "captured" it.)

Just one example of a cougar sighting that turned out to be an escaped captive cat.

I'm sure that we have a few of those.... after all, it's well known that Sasquatch families like to keep cougars as pets!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:18 PM

I know someone thats seen a mountain lion in central PA.

Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Or you you someone who believes he has seen one.

Steve
Old 11-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I think it would be hard to mistake a mountion lion sighting...they are WAY bigger than bobcats. They arn't even the same color as any coyote anyones ever seen...not sure what else would look anything like a mountain lion.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think it would be hard to mistake a mountion lion sighting...they are WAY bigger than bobcats
Seen done on here quite a few times, someone will posta picture of a Bobcat and think it's a ML.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

I was pheasant hunting on Saturday in Schuylkill county and came across these tracks on a farm road leading from a hay/ corn field across a creek near a deer farm. If anyone can tell me what made this track I would like to hear your opinion. Looks like a big cat to me. Look at both pics!

www.uploadpicz.com/zman/W273MXX.jpg

www.uploadpicz.com/zman/TXIHJ28.jpg

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.