Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

ORIGINAL: nutzy66

I have seen loins in huntington and I have seen a ton of tracks.I have seen them so all of the naysayers can go to h__l!!!!
were the loins still good? Had the fat been trimmed off yet? How many loins are you allowed per year?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

coal miners are still seeing cougars in clearfield county area,they work 3 shifts 7 days a week.
That's why their hiding in the coal mines. I'd see stuff to if I worked 3 shifts a day 7 day's a week.

I have tryed to get pics. but my camra is a peice of s__t, you can't tell what you are looking at, it's to fussy. You might see something if you spent more time in the woods.
Check the cushions of your couch then go by a digital throw away. Now go sit in the corner for being rude.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

coal miners are still seeing cougars in clearfield county area,they work 3 shifts 7 days a week.
That's why their hiding in the coal mines. I'd see stuff to if I worked 3 shifts a day 7 day's a week.

I have tryed to get pics. but my camra is a peice of s__t, you can't tell what you are looking at, it's to fussy. You might see something if you spent more time in the woods.
Check the cushions of your couch then go by a digital throw away. Now go sit in the corner for being rude.
what i was trying to bring out is the coal miners are there 7 days a week ,24 hrs.

odds of them seeing one is about highest of any group because they drive dirt roads all hrs to get to mines in the remote areas.

so,chances or odds would go up on sighting if cougar was there.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

seems as thou theyd have a camera
Old 01-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

seems as thou theyd have a camera
bow, after dark,its hard to get picture.

most of coal miners dont carry a camera.

i just started carrying one myself last year.

most of sighting are usually at daybreak.

i think reason is they are heading to go to bed for day after hunting all night.

same with coyotes, most i see are at daybreak heading to bed after hunting all night.

with all trail cameras out ,you would think someone would get picture of cougar.

pictures are hard to find even in areas where cougar is known to be.

look out west, not many pics of cougars even tho they have hundreds in some states.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lot's of cougar sign out west Sprouland none here.It doesn't take DickTracy to figure out why.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

well said douge
Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

Lot's of cougar sign out west Sprouland none here.It doesn't take DickTracy to figure out why.
douge, i never said we have lots of COUGARS

i still believe that cougars are not staying in areas they are seen all their life.

this may be reason they are seen here and there.

remember when i posted about cougar going from wisconsin to chicago in 9 months.

blood test confirmed that .

some laughed at me on here, they said, OLE SPROUL THINKS A COUGAR GOES FROM STATE TO STATE AND 300 MILES, YES, I WAS LAUGHED AT.

but that COUGAR went over 1,000 miles in just 9 months

sadly he was shot in chicago but it did CONFIRM that he went this far.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

well said douge
bowtruck, believe what you want.

i can understand why a LOT of people think they are not here for just reasons posted and very few pictures.

but i can tell you I SAW ONE and many of my trusted hunting friends saw one and i trust what they saw.

when you hear a person say he saw a 2 or 3 ft tail, you better listen, thats not HOUSECAT .
Old 01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

and very few pictures.
You mean no pictures right?

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.