Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 hunting in addison, ny >

hunting in addison, ny

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

hunting in addison, ny

Old 10-21-2008, 04:29 PM

Default hunting in addison, ny

HEY GUYS. I WASHUNTING IN ADDISON LAST WEEK FOR THE OPENER AND DIDNT SEE MUCH OF ANYTHING. NOT EVEN ANY RUBS.HAS ANYBODY BEEN SEEING DEER SIGN?IM JUST CURIOUS FOR SOME INPUT
Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunting in addison, ny

i hunted in petersburg all weekend and between 2 guys we saw 2 deer way off and a few rubs a 1 scrape.thats it.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:54 PM
Spike

I was in Rathbone hunting Saturday, I saw alot of rubs and a few scrapes. My buddy sawthree small bucks, my father saw one small buck and a doe. I only saw 2 does. One of the bucks my buddy saw were chasing 2 does.I'm hoping this cold weather this week will get them fired up a little more...
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

I was hunting in Odessa and Watkins Glen and saw some good scrapes and a few decent bucks, lots of Does.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in beautiful downtown Addison and have hunted around here for the last 45 years..

Acorns are spotty this year...Deer and turkey sign has been sparse in some areas that normally have lots of game, due to lack of acorns...SOME ridges, hollows, etc. do have a decent crop of acorns, and if you find them you'll find a lot more deer sign...Also, the apple crop is good and the corn is excellent this year, so those are other good alternative food sources to hunt...

I have found a good number of scrapes and rubs in areas where there are some acorns... One spot especially has a good acorn crop, and I've been seeing 12-15 deerper morningmorning there while I've been squirrel hunting there..
Old 10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

once rifle opens I will be down.. try and get a bear once that opens as well. a few on my buddys farm