Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Delaware Proshops or Southeast PA >

Delaware Proshops or Southeast PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware Proshops or Southeast PA

Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Delaware Proshops or Southeast PA

why is SHOOTERS for sale...again??
Old 09-24-2008, 06:29 AM
Fork Horn

Rickmur - I have an h250 or h500 (I forget which one) for a bunch of years now. Never had it tuned. I'm looking to do the following:

- New string
- Shorten the draw length if possible
- Ensure the bow itself is in tune

I have pictures of an old manual however, not clear on all the pieces to adjust and don't want to damage it.

lemond35 - not for sale......that I know of at least. HA.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: pick00l

Rickmur - I have an h250 or h500 (I forget which one) for a bunch of years now. Never had it tuned. I'm looking to do the following:

- New string
- Shorten the draw length if possible
- Ensure the bow itself is in tune

I have pictures of an old manual however, not clear on all the pieces to adjust and don't want to damage it.

lemond35 - not for sale......that I know of at least. HA.
I can assure you he can get you set up right. He gets alot of older bows at this time of the year for whatever reason. He is truely the best tech man ive ever met. He treats every bow as it was his own. Like i said before he is the only guy i will let touch my bows. Let me know when you wanna go up there, and ill meet ya to the shop. He just changed his days and hours for hunting season, and his son has hockey, so the new days are monday, wed., and friday 5-9.

Whenever he sets up a bow with new strings he has them custom ordered from Pro-Strings which are top notch strings. Do a search you will find them online. I just started making custom slings, and i can get you a matching sling
Old 09-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

If i had to get work done in a pinch I'd goto Shooters...

However, I do most of my own work, I've often thought of starting a pro shop in northern delaware area.. It really needs one...

I really like "Len In Maryland"'s shop down near baltimore, but thats about 1.5 hrs from wilm...

Old 09-26-2008, 01:34 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

However, I do most of my own work, I've often thought of starting a pro shop in northern delaware area.. It really needs one...
Yes it dose. I live right across the line in PA and always go to Middletown Archery. I have a Bear that needs some work done to it and jsut havnt found time to make it out to Middletown since they are open late in the evening and im hunting when they are open.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I really like "Len In Maryland"'s shop down near baltimore, but thats about 1.5 hrs from wilm...
I used to untill............................................ ..........................
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM

pick00l DId you ever get your bow worked on?
Old 10-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Since I work in Blue Bell, PA I swung by Middletown Archery near Media. The guy Jim at the shop said he has experience with them and will be glad to work on it. Out of convenience, I am am getting it done there.

I like the idea that I know another place to shoot as well. Maybe I can get there once a month for a hour. First impression was a bit skeptical but, we will see how it goes.

Here is what I wanted to happen when I walked in the shop.

Me: I need a new string and this bow has noot been tuned in years. Could use someone to look everything over and make sure it is perfect.

Response: Great, glad to do that for you. Here is what I am going to do. I'll put a new string on it, check tiller, check your rest, check X, Y, Z. They you come in and shoot it to verify that your happy.

Have not had that experience yet in a shop. I feel like there is not such thing as a bow tune-up...or everyone has their own idea of what a tune-up is. Ex. He was not going to look at my rest until I asked him to.

Also, he never once asked me how it shot, if I was happy with it, if he should be aware of anything etc. Overall, nice guy and I will let you know the entire experience when I am done. Maybe I should have told him I wanted arrows as well. So he knew there was more money in it for him?

Post this season, I will need some work done on my Proline.. I'll look down state if I get a chance as I would like to help a Delaware company out with business as well.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 AM

When jon from eagle eye has someone come in like you he will: Dissasemble the bow, and start from scratch checking everything and anything. Should of listened!

What color strings did you end up going with?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

yeah, i am using french creek outfitters..they are good. i have 2 mathews. i am thinking about a shorter
bow than my blk max and mq1...i am hunting a suburban community and u cant walk around with u bow hanging out

Quick Reply: Delaware Proshops or Southeast PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.