Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Montgomery MD County Land >

Montgomery MD County Land

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Montgomery MD County Land

Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default Montgomery MD County Land

I am fairly new to MD and am still looking for some private land to hunt on in MD, Montgomery county preferably. Frederick or Howard county I might be interested in as well. I hunt all seasons so small properties that would only be suitable for bow hunting I am still intersted. Righ now all I have is a WMA down the raod, but I would really like some private land to have access to on occasion. Anything that is set up, i will glady donate a portion of venison to the owner or if somone puts me in contact with a land owner I would be willing to give them some venison as well. Send me a PM or email if anyone can offer anything. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Montgomery MD County Land

good luck buddy , lol
im montgomery you dont need to donate vennison you need to donate $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, if you dont you wont hunt,
also thats all i hunt is that wma near your house , its not that bad
Old 09-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Marshall9779, you are better off focusing on the public lands in montgomery and howard if you don't know anybody. Private land is hard to come by otherwise. You could alwasy offer money, but you would have to pony up some serious duckets to get access if you go that route.

Good Luck!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

some of my biggest bucks, i got in montgomery co.in 70s.

i hunted in olney area.

i had 26 buck come under my treestand one evening and 50 doe.

last time i was there, homes are now all over those fields.

i had to look on my wall for the bucks i got there, i have 13 point ,26 inch spread that shows 1971,olney,md.also 9 and 8 .

if you find a great spot with nice bucks, i would drop 500 dollars in heartbeat to hunt there to owner.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

All my old Montgomery County spots are developments now. I missed a chance at a deer that easily could have contended for the Typical MD Record too. I hunted right in Boyds, MD, about 1/2 mile south of Comus Road and 28 (I think).
Old 10-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WestVirginiaBrent

All my old Montgomery County spots are developments now. I missed a chance at a deer that easily could have contended for the Typical MD Record too. I hunted right in Boyds, MD, about 1/2 mile south of Comus Road and 28 (I think).
yes, i hunted on goldmine rd. in olney ,md.

35 years ago that was all farms, now, every inch is 700,000 dollar homes.[:@]

i was using my sisters snowblower when i hit something in yard.
it was a 5 point horn from a big buck that got caught in blades,dogs brought it from a farm next door.

now sharpshooters are killing off every deer they can.

what a shame ,i dont have relatives there now but ,boy, did i get big bucks there in 70s.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

sproul,

Must be great memories, tinged with the tragedy of losing the land to development. From your description, looks like you got yourself some monsters there. Good luck to you!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougMD

sproul,

Must be great memories, tinged with the tragedy of losing the land to development. From your description, looks like you got yourself some monsters there. Good luck to you!
doug, back then no one had camera

they were expensive and not to available.

i had polaroid, those pictures you developed right away after picture.
most have FADED and curled up or i would put some pictures on here if the scanner would take it.

also, everything was b/w pictures.

doug,i never in my life saw such big horns on deer as was on deer in the olney area of montgomery,md.

i may take picture of my 8 point fromolney and stick my 19 inch spread 6 point i got last year here in clinton county,pa instead the 8 point,, to show how big horns were then.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sproulman, my buddy saw a buck on Dr. Bird rd in Olney about 4 years ago that to this day is the biggest buck he has ever seen in his life.

Some of those bucks got pushed out to Northwest Branch, I believe. I have a buddy who lives near Northwest branch. You wouldn't believe the bucks he has coming through there. Bucks you see on the cover of magazines, no kidding. He doesn't shoot them for his own personal reasons although he is an avid hunter.

We used to hunt near the Rockville Quarry off Piney MeetingHouse rd until they put up mult-million dollar homes there. I have never seen bucks anywhere like I used to see up there. I mean it was just crazy how big they were. Two of my friends have a mounted deer head from those woods. One is HUGE and the other one is a massive 8 point. Biggest 8 I have ever seen.

Yeah, Montgomery has something in the water...
Old 10-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used to hunt off of Briggs Chaney Rd about a mile west of Rt29. Had a camera stolen there so I quite hunting it. I keep saying I got to get back there and check with the land owner about hunting it again if he is still alive but I never seem to be able to get it done.

Quick Reply: Montgomery MD County Land

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.