Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA residents, does this bother you? >

PA residents, does this bother you?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA residents, does this bother you?

Old 08-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default PA residents, does this bother you?

Anyone who knows me here knows that I generally support most but not all of the PGC's policies.

Well' here's one that makes me mad every year at this time.
Antlerless permits went up for grabs this week for residents. Firstcome, first served. So far so good.

In two weeks non residents get a shot after residents have had their chance to get ONE antlerless tag. Again, so far so good

Now the problem...an week later, residents AND non residents can apply for unsold licenses at the same time. NOW we have a problem! A second doe tag is a privelege for any of us but residents ought to get a first crack at them just like with the first tag. How would you like to have a guy from state X have two doe tags while you only get one? I'm sure it happens.

If there is another state that makes tags available to non residents when the possibility exists that not all residents who want one will get them, I don't know what state that might be......

Of course, NR's pay a lot more for those tags and given the financial condition of the PGC, I don't see any change that would generate less revenue being popular with the BOCin the near future

Just my $.02
Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PA residents, does this bother you?

I don't know if Illinois does this. But since they are up to $400 plus dollars for NR tags, i wouldn't be surprised if they bend over backwards to accomodate out of state folks.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if Illinois does this. But since they are up to $400 plus dollars for NR tags, i wouldn't be surprised if they bend over backwards to accomodate out of state folks.
Right again! Money talks whether it's with the guy with the cart selling hot dogs or the state selling hunting tags. Hunting is becoming a BIG money game all around, from lease fees, to outfitter fees, to license fees. It will only get worse.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes a resident pays $6 for an anterless tag, NR pays $ 26 and $101 for the license and $21 for the muzzleloader stamp for a total of $148. Just wait until next year when they push through the license fee increases.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

In N.H. the tags are first come first serve resident or nonresident.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have a problem with it because a fairly high percentage of those non-residents used to be Pa residents.Also,many have camps and pay property taxes.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Illinois is one state where I do know that anyone, residents and nonresidents alike,can buyunlimited doe tags over the counter for archery. There is a limit on gun tags but nonresidents can only apply several months after the residents apply.

I realize how much they pay for tags. I'm one of those guys paying $700+ when all is said and donefor Illinois NR tags. I have no problem with NR's getting tags. Just don't like the idea that a NR has the potential to get a SECOND tag while effectively taking a second tag from the guy who lives here. Remember, this is only after everyone has had a chance to get one doe tag.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The PGC is funded by Sportsmen and women, not taxpayers!If anything I should be able to purchase same time as a resident and in fact get points because i own so much ground and [paying taxes on it. Is that oit you pay taxes in PA and feel entitled? So do I. If you take away the incentive for out of state hunters to hunt PA your licenses will skyrocket and the economy will suffer as well. If I use your logic, the people that live inthat county or WMD should get first crack before persons not from that WMD? Wher ewould that put the out of county people who own camps?? Think before you guys open those doors of entitlement.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

What bothers me is that a guy that lives next to or in 2B, where he can get as many tags as he wants , and has a camp in 2F where he gets DMAP tags is still upset because a non-resident might just be able to get a second tag in the area he wants to hunt. That simply makes no sense to me.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Buck Hunter 1

The PGC is funded by Sportsmen and women, not taxpayers!If anything I should be able to purchase same time as a resident and in fact get points because i own so much ground and [paying taxes on it. Is that oit you pay taxes in PA and feel entitled? So do I. If you take away the incentive for out of state hunters to hunt PA your licenses will skyrocket and the economy will suffer as well. If I use your logic, the people that live inthat county or WMD should get first crack before persons not from that WMD? Wher ewould that put the out of county people who own camps?? Think before you guys open those doors of entitlement.
You make a valid point when you mention that sportsmen exclusively fund the PGC although that is now in jeopardy thanks in part to the efforts like Bluebird and his USP cohorts.

Like it or not, in most areas, with residency comes some privelege. I don't get to vote in the municipality wher my camp is and neither do you but we both pay taxes there.

My point is more towars the idea that many if not most states DO favor residents first. Does your home state of Ohio give doe tags to NR's before resident demand is exhausted? I know that

BTW I agree when you say that NRlandowners/taxpayers should get some preference

Quick Reply: PA residents, does this bother you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.