Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge >

MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Old 08-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

I think I'm going to try to get on that refuge this year. It stinks the only qualifying days are on Sunday. How busy are they? I was thinking about going to the one in September so my buddy can come do it too. Should I get it done ASAP or is the one in September OK.

Also, what areas are popular in there and what is the layout like. Does anyone have a map they can post?

Thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 09:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Sax, have you thought about NASA over in Greenbelt, actually it's the Beltsville Agricultural Reseach Center. I go this Sat at 10 to qualify. It's the next three Saturdays in a row. Call 301-504-6009 to schedule date and time and bring any and all weapons you want to qualify with. If they don't answer keep trying at different times of the day.
If I could get DougMd to show mw around Mwade I would consider that too. I don't know if the qualifying at Beltsville is good statewide or not, I think it might be.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Fork Horn

How on earth did you find out about that? Do they have a website? I'm not real sure where it's at.
Old 08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Been hunting it for years.I used to hunt the other side of it for years by the gun club before they opened the Soil Conservation Rd side of it.Used to hold some tremendous bucks but since they opened it up there are still some around but not nearly as much. No web sight.
It runs adjacent to the Balt/Wash Pwky in the Greenbelt area of PG County. If you want to join me Sat. give them a call and I will fill you in on the place.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend. I don't know if I'll get over there. I'll have to see what my schedule holds. [&:]
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

About Meade, any qualification time you can make it is fine. The only time I've found it to be busy is opening day of shotgun season, and even then they have quotas for each area to keep themfrom having too many hunters andyou are likely to get your spot (preregistration to reserve a spot is usually the Sunday before Thanksgiving).

I would recommend driving around and seeing where youwant to hunt. When you find an area,tell them you want to scout it and they take your registration card, andgive you two cards, one for thevehicle and one you keep on you, same as hunting. When you leave, turn in the cards and get your registration card back.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Spike

DougMD

I've hunted there a couple times and never saw anything. Last year was my first time. Is scouting there the same as hunting? Is the office open during the summer? I think I tried to call but I never got an answer. Do you know what the days and times are that they are in the office?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The agri in Beltsville holds huge bucks. It's been a long time since I hunted it, but while driving through there and NASA in Greenbelt I have seen monsters roaming around at night. Some of the biggest bucks I have ever seen.

Old 08-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep Chaz, but it ain't like it used to be. Here's2 from there. Be leaving in a hour to go qualify over there

Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, those are nice bucks. Congrats! It doesn't surprise me big bucks are harder to come by since they opened up hunting there. I guess you can always count on a good gene pool!

Good Luck

Quick Reply: MD hunters that hunt the Fort Meade Refuge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.