Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 who here hunts in ny? >

who here hunts in ny?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

who here hunts in ny?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:56 PM

Default RE: who here hunts in ny?

this is my bigest ny buck
Old 07-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

wow! that is one HUGE buck! For the other people that posted, any pics and how is the hunting, do you see alot(percent)
thanks
Old 07-17-2008, 07:38 AM

That's a nice area, about 15 minutes from me. Alot of farm land around and alot of deer I know of a couple nice 10's and a few 8's from around that area. You will not have any problems filling tags for deer, turkey, and coyote.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

awesome! do you use any food plots or anything or do you just see deer all the time? any pics of deer you shot in the area?
thanks!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I grew up in the Northern part of the state and have hunted the mountains since I was 12 and have taken quite a few sly mountain hoppers however since moving to the finger lakes region there is no comparison. While I love to hunt down the mountain bucks nothing compares to lots of bucks and monster ones at that. I have been hunting the finger lakes region for 10 11 years now and have taken a several booner bucks including a2 grossing over 158"'s. It is just a slammer of a sleeper state if you ask me. Here's my first finger lakes booner by bow.

Old 07-18-2008, 06:09 AM

You wont need to invest in a food plot two of the largest farmers in the area have crops all over the area, just find a route they are taking and set up. Honestly it is not uncommon to have 10-15 deer pass you while heading to the fields every evening. I will try to get you some pics of the mounts from the deer takin in that area.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Spike

"It is just a slammer of a sleeper state if you ask me." - Canuck33

No truer words spoken. I am in Livingston County DMU 8N. This is one of the best kept secrets in the Northeast. The amazing thing about the Fingerlakes is that you can have a 50 Acre or smaller lotsthat consisitently produces BIG bucks. With all of the agriculture, small wood lots, fence rows, CRP etc, Its not hard to find a P&Y buck even on public land.

Martin
www.greathuntingny.com
Old 07-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

ok... thanks for the help on average how many deer do you see in a week of hunting up in that area?
deffinetly post some pics
Old 07-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Spike

As you know, there are no guarntees when it comes to whitetails. It is a rarity to not see at least one deer every day. During the seeking phase of the rut I expect to see many deer a day. One day I watched 7 bucks walk by a stand in 1 hour.With careful management of the santuaries,food sources and travel corridors, it definately increases the deer sightings throughout the whole season.

Martin
www.greathuntingny.com
Old 07-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obviously it varies on locatino but there are plentiful location that will produce consistant buck and doe action. Personally on my stand rotations I seldom have a watch I don't see at least a buck and several doe's if not multiples. For the past 2 season rain or shine I have never been in a tree and not seen at least one deer mill about. I manage my areas which obviously raises your mature buck ratio but more often than not there are alway mature animals around and for those who don't think so they are probably the ones who say if I don't shoot him the neighbor will or are the are willing to harvest the first bone to come by. I will gaurantee you if you can hold on the trigger sooner or later you will get the golden opportunity.

Quick Reply: who here hunts in ny?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.