Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA >

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Old 08-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

I am not off topic since the reason you and Livbucks gave why the PGC might shorten the harvest was that too many bucks would be killed before the rut. But, you apparently don't understand why that is not a concern since you didn't address that issue.
I never said that, the concern is that the total harvest numbers could be compromised. the key component from a management standpoint is the antlerless kill. Always will be.

As more hunters quit you once again see a push by the PGC to introduce more weapons into the archery season. Would you prefer rifles or x-bows?
No such suggestion has been made by anyone but kooks like you
Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made the reference to removing excessive bucks prior to the rut.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I actually posed a question, I believe, when I said it.

What is your question?
Old 08-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never said that, the concern is that the total harvest numbers could be compromised. the key component from a management standpoint is the antlerless kill. Always will be.
I didn't say you made that claim ,so what is your point?

Are you saying Livbucks is a kook? That's not very nice considering you two are friends.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

There you go again putting unrelated items together to twist and distort.

the kook statement was specifically directed at this quote by you:

As more hunters quit you once again see a push by the PGC to introduce more weapons into the archery season. Would you prefer rifles or x-bows?
Twist, lie, distort. You must have a background in politics.

You also demonstrate very little real knowledge of wildlife management but plenty of time to look up an overwhelming amount of information to use in your distortions.... You're too young to be retired so you obviously are apolitically appointed government bureaucrat
Old 08-14-2008, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I didn't say you made that claim ,so what is your point?
Duh, What?...
quote: Blewberd, Deddear, woman, beenthear,

I am not off topic since the reason you and Livbucks gave why the PGC might shorten the harvest was that too many bucks would be killed before the rut. But, you apparently don't understand why that is not a concern since you didn't address that issue.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:40 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i cant speak for 2b but i can for 2g.

crossbows are killing a LOT of deer in archery, not in rifle or late season.
best week is last week of season, i see more bucks killed with crossbow that week.

just about every hunter i see with crossbow are hunters that never hunted archery or were not very good at it or would not take time to learn, now they are getting deer.

hope my comments dont offend crossbow users ,only what i see and i am seeing a LOT of deer killed with crossbow and 3 times the hunters in archery here in 2g than i saw in 2004.

heck, they are driving deer with crossbows,thats something you never saw before in archery.

drivers are not carrying crossbow but all watchers are.

a lot of hunters dont send in report card if they are not TAGGING the deer and archery is when a lot of that is done.
Sproulman, am I missing something ?? When did crossbows become legal to use in archery season in 2G ?? I agree that people are not sending in report cards if they are not tagging them, but I think there are people out there doing this with rifles, crossbows, bows etc during the middle of the day all year round. It has nothing to do with a weapon, but with the individual himself. There are just people obsessed with deer meat and they illegaly slaughter deer every year. There is noway to account for or "manage" deer populations because of the idiotsout there doing this.
I am curious for the places that went to cross bows that had instant success rates of 70%, how many of those people would have gotten a deer in rifle season ?? Surley a good portion of them ?? Just curious.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

You're too young to be retired so you obviously are a politically appointed government bureaucrat
Wrong again. I've been retired for quite awhile and at least i know where to find the harvest stats so I can support my positions.

have you figured out why the pGC hasn't shortened the seasons in 2B or 5C?
Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigEarl

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i cant speak for 2b but i can for 2g.

crossbows are killing a LOT of deer in archery, not in rifle or late season.
best week is last week of season, i see more bucks killed with crossbow that week.

just about every hunter i see with crossbow are hunters that never hunted archery or were not very good at it or would not take time to learn, now they are getting deer.

hope my comments dont offend crossbow users ,only what i see and i am seeing a LOT of deer killed with crossbow and 3 times the hunters in archery here in 2g than i saw in 2004.

heck, they are driving deer with crossbows,thats something you never saw before in archery.

drivers are not carrying crossbow but all watchers are.

a lot of hunters dont send in report card if they are not TAGGING the deer and archery is when a lot of that is done.
Sproulman, am I missing something ?? When did crossbows become legal to use in archery season in 2G ?? I agree that people are not sending in report cards if they are not tagging them, but I think there are people out there doing this with rifles, crossbows, bows etc during the middle of the day all year round. It has nothing to do with a weapon, but with the individual himself. There are just people obsessed with deer meat and they illegaly slaughter deer every year. There is noway to account for or "manage" deer populations because of the idiotsout there doing this.
I am curious for the places that went to cross bows that had instant success rates of 70%, how many of those people would have gotten a deer in rifle season ?? Surley a good portion of them ?? Just curious.
I believe they can be used in the early Muzzy season statewide.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:14 PM

Big Earl,are you from Pa.? Crossbows are legal in parts of 5C and 5D during the archery season.and have been for a few years.I guess not everyone reads the book when they get their license each year. "Special regs areas"

Quick Reply: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.