Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA >

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Old 08-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

ORIGINAL: Win.88

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE REALLY OFF THE WALL..............
Uh, I beleive Greg was posting tongue in cheek!

The littler smilie and the last line should have been your first clue
Old 08-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Surely I jest!
Yea, it probably won't happen quite like that.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

A crossgun is a mechanized gun, without the aid of explosive propellant, using stored energy in it's place.
You just keep making things up as you go along. The definition of a gun is essentially a metal tube through which a projectile is fired at a high velocity with a flat trajectory.

Also, the length of the archery season is not based on the number of archery hunters . If it were, as the number of archers increased and the number of bucks harvested in archery increased, the length of the season would have been reduced.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Duh!!
You really have a hard one for me, don't you??
The more hunters there are, the more deer get killed, the shorter the season would have to be.
If we suddenly doubled the number of rifle hunters in the woods, what would have to happen?
What would the effect be on breeding if twice the number of bucks were removed from....Aw you know what???just forget it...
You're like a nagging woman!

Old 08-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You just keep making things up as you go along. The definition of a gun is essentially a metal tube through which a projectile is fired at a high velocity with a flat trajectory.
You mean like a caulking gun, right?
Old 08-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

No , I mean what the definition clearly stated. A calking gun does not fire a projectile with a flat trajectory . try again.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok,..how about a staple gun...or a glue gun...or a stun gun?
Old 08-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, the length of the archery season is not based on the number of archery hunters . If it were, as the number of archers increased and the number of bucks harvested in archery increased, the length of the season would have been reduced.
Yes..it would have...except in an increasing herd. Thus HR.
Now that we have reduced the herd, the situation has changed.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

If anything that propels a projectile is a gun, then according to your definition or reasoning a bow is also a gun.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a lot of fears as to how this will affect hunting. People are a bit more open-minded these days compared to in the past. At one time, the mere mentioning of the word would incite a riot. I'm not against them, perhaps I might want to use one when I'm older. It would keep an old-timer into the archery season for sure. I have reservations about the numbers of people who will jump in because it is easy to get started. Bob has a good idea with the mandatory archer/crossgun education. I would go for that, it would alleviate the notion that all one has to do is buy a crossgun and go hunting. We all know there is more to it.
If a guy is serious and goes about it in the right way, I have no problem with that. Having an open door to just buying one and going hunting the next day WILL attract the guys that will take bad shots and not follow up on them. We all know it. I've already witnessed it.
Call them what you will, you can't argue that to the user, a crossgun shoots as a gun would, not a bow and arrow.
In learning to shoot a bow, one becomes accustomed to the tools limitations. There is a mindset with crossguns that all you have to do is take it out of the box and go hunting. We can't afford to degrade the sport with that way of thinking.

Quick Reply: Crossbows introduced for regular archery season in PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.