Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Looking For Hunting Land in Southern NY? >

Looking For Hunting Land in Southern NY?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Looking For Hunting Land in Southern NY?

Old 04-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Looking For Hunting Land in Southern NY?

i was thinking of buying a 2 man tree stand with a blind, with about 10 locks on it so that no one takes it
Your not supposed to leave any personal property on NYS public lands. If you end up coming to Broome or Tioga drop me an e-mail.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:43 AM
Spike

Thats right i forgot about that. damn thats to much work. 2 man tree stand is about 100pounds. man oman im going to have to do some homework or join a club.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Spike

If you are planning to hunt state land in upstate, there is no need for the treestand. Get a doe permit, GPS, compass and map. Spend the season wandering ravines, swamps and creek bottoms. You will jump deer but if you keep at it, you will walk right into them or they will walk into you. With a doe and buck tag in your pocket, you will score a deer. Talk full advantage of the opportunity to hunt the many acres of land that are in our backyard and largely unpressured.
Old 04-19-2008, 04:12 PM

Check out Sterling Forest State Park Located off Route 17 in Tuxedo NY The permit is free and hunting is fair. It is in area 3P, They are on the web can check more info there.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

I am not trying to flame you- but call a realtor or some gunshops...posting this on every website out there is just annoying...i know you have seen a list of the lease websites- there is plenty of newstuff on those.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:48 AM
Spike

i did look at Sterling Forest State Park and most likely hit that area as while. A friend of my belongs to a club about 10-15 min from the Mid Hudson bridge, its about $350 a year and not hunt as much. I,ll find out the name and let u guys know how it goes. They have meetingson the firstMonday of the month. I cant wait for big game season, i got hooked with the bow. Now only if i can just bag a buck i'll be happy..