Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC Burns Me

Old 04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PGC Burns Me

I do most of my Bowhunting in Philly,Bucks and Montco countys. Most of the spots I hunt are loaded with deer. Some days I can see 20 plus, mostly Doe's and decent Bucks since the AR's were put in place. I'M lucky to have so many great spots to hunt with the deer I see. BUT!!! The PGC and some of the townships I hunt have hired [paid by the deer Snipers] to thin the herd. I know some of these's areas need some herd reduction but they shoot everything. Big Bucks,Smallbucks,Doe's, Fawns if it brown its down$$$$$$$What burns me is the PGC put in the AR's so the hunters will see Bigger Bucks. Then they let the Paid Snipers with there bait and nite scope rifles shoot the Big Bucks that the AR's are starting to produce[:@]I don't get it[]Sorry I had to vent!!!!!

Hatchet jack
Old 04-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PGC Burns Me

I bowhunt an area of 2B where they also use snipers take out some deer but you are mistaken as to who pays for it. The PGC does not pay for the snipers, the local municipality does. Thats the law. In my area, they don't use the snipers in areas where there are hunters to take out the deer.They also only take antlerless deer which, I believe, are the rules as set by the PGC when sharpshooters are permitted.

It wouldn't necessarily surprise me if the hired guns broke the rules here and there but If you are sure or if you have have proof that the sharpshooters are taking antlered bucks, you need to report it to your local WCO. They are only allowed by the PGC to take antlerless deer.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Spike

At Allegheny County Airport, they hired snipers to take out the deer on their property. I haven't seen a deer there for quit some time now. Used to be a couple of bucks in the herd. This is a little different because of the airplanes, but do you think they could've trapped the bucks and relocated them ?
Old 04-10-2008, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

As I recall snipers are permitted to shoot any deer. It wouldn't make much sense to protect the bucks since they cause more damage then the does. You might be thinking of the red tag regs where only antlerless deer are legal.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Expain to me why Bucks make more damage than Doe's. There are way more Doe's than Bucks. I know the township pays the snipers to shoot the deer. But dosen't the deer belong to the state. So why can't the PGC tell the township and snipers not to shoot the Bucks. If you ask me I think the Doe's are the problem becuase there are somany more. I also know for a fact that they are shooting nice bucks, some were P@Y!!! It never in Black and White with The PGC it allways in the Grey area!!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just talked toa DWCO that I work with, he works Philly and some of Bucks countys. I was wrong about the PGC has the power to tell the Townships and snipers. He told me that the PCG did ask the snipers to only shot Doe's. They told them to go pound sand. The reason is the Harrisburg Hacks made it a law that they could shoot anything they want. Paid BY the Deer$$$$$$. He also told me whatI already knew, that they shot some MONSTER BUCKS. Well at least we know the AR'S are starting to work!

Hatchet Jack
Old 04-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

What do you mean that they were paid by deer$$$$?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:24 AM

I think he meant $$$ per deer on the ground.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

HJ,

Did you ever see the damage bucks do to an orchard, a Christmas tree farm or on some shrubbery and ornamental trees?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Where does the meat go. You would think there would be a better way.

Quick Reply: PGC Burns Me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.