Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA harvest #'s????????? >

PA harvest #'s?????????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA harvest #'s?????????

Old 04-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA harvest #'s?????????

you have some very talented youth in your area.[8D]
Old 04-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

you have some very talented youth in your area.[8D]
i still cant figure bow on turkey,dang, i cant get one with gun and kid is trying to shoot one with BOW on road.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

As a lifelong resident and hunter for over 40 years I can only tell you that the PGC has NO IDEA of what the deer or turkey kill is, none whatsoever..you could throw darts at a wall be just as exact.. For the most part the kill is way way way less than what they claim..not even close is some cases..it's all hype and cover and nothing else... save you money and don't plan any visits, your wasting your time for the most part..
Old 04-19-2008, 07:49 PM

I agree on the details. I am a mathematician by trade. Really I am. I get paid to calculate #'s to the n'th degree. It is virtually impossible for them to know within 25% what the real #'s. The bigger problem is what I worry about. If they report bigger #'s they will increase the tags because they will think that there must be a lot of deer out there since they are killing a lot.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the PGC is fudging the harvest data,why would they report such low buck harvests ,which make them look bad? Why would they blame the weather for the low buck harvest when they know most hunters won't believe them? If the PGC was fudging the data then they would have reported that ARs doubled the number of 8 pt. buck as Alt predicted,but they didn't.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:21 AM

you guys bring up some valid pionts some of the ideas are way out in left field, but atleast your not afraid of voicing youropinion and have some suggestions rather than just walking around bitching about it. i just read all 20 pages of this postand i couldnt help but to put my 2 cents inand i have to say that i concerns me for when i get back in pa cause im stationed in Okinawa Japan with the Marine Corps. There is now doubt that the deer numbers are down i here that from everybody i dont think that the pcg is falsifying the numbers at all but i will say no matter what direction the pcg goes thisyear wether people like it or not it is up to the hunters of pa to have to do the right thing no one is making you pull the trigger!!If you belive that people should not shoot does in your area, do your part,then dont shoot the does make the rules stricter for yourself and your camp to preserve hunting if you dont agree with what the pcg is doing. Personally i believe in AR and i would like the state to go to four points aside and fewer doe tags be handed out (mostly for 2g for doe tags) but weather the state goes to four point i do my part along with my hunting party to not shoot but one or two does for the entire camp for the young huntersand we dont shoot nothing less than four points per side. The deer numbers are down but the habitat sucks in most of the north centeral region. It wasstatedearlier in the form that theoriginalplan was to reduce the herd by 5%fouryearsand ibelievewe did that so now its time to move foward tolet the herd comeback at a more evenbuck to doe ratio.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Going to 4 pts. statewide would reduce the buck harvest by an additional 10-15,000 buck/yr. ,so I don't think that would be a good idea. The PGC has no plan for allowing the herd to increase since forest habitat was only rated good in 1 WMU.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Parednek

you guys bring up some valid pionts some of the ideas are way out in left field, but atleast your not afraid of voicing youropinion and have some suggestions rather than just walking around bitching about it. i just read all 20 pages of this postand i couldnt help but to put my 2 cents inand i have to say that i concerns me for when i get back in pa cause im stationed in Okinawa Japan with the Marine Corps. There is now doubt that the deer numbers are down i here that from everybody i dont think that the pcg is falsifying the numbers at all but i will say no matter what direction the pcg goes thisyear wether people like it or not it is up to the hunters of pa to have to do the right thing no one is making you pull the trigger!!If you belive that people should not shoot does in your area, do your part,then dont shoot the does make the rules stricter for yourself and your camp to preserve hunting if you dont agree with what the pcg is doing. Personally i believe in AR and i would like the state to go to four points aside and fewer doe tags be handed out (mostly for 2g for doe tags) but weather the state goes to four point i do my part along with my hunting party to not shoot but one or two does for the entire camp for the young huntersand we dont shoot nothing less than four points per side. The deer numbers are down but the habitat sucks in most of the north centeral region. It wasstatedearlier in the form that theoriginalplan was to reduce the herd by 5%fouryearsand ibelievewe did that so now its time to move foward tolet the herd comeback at a more evenbuck to doe ratio.
well said.

the DCNR is still handing out DMAP tags that can be used in woods of 2G.

some got 5 doe this year and have no plasns of not shooting them..

so, then the other hunters say this to sproul,SPROUL WHY SHOULD I LET A DOE GO WHEN THOSE DMAP HUNTERS COME IN AND KILL THEM ALL OFF.

this is why they are still killing a doe/fawn and meat is driving it and cost of hunting license.

my neighbor 2 years ago got 5 deer here in WMU2G,he had doe tags, dmap tags.

last year he saw NO DEER in wmu2g..

he stopped me this weekend and said,SPROUL I AINT GETTING MY LICENSE THIS YEAR, THAT DAM PGC KILLED ALL DOE OFF.

you figure that one out.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:38 AM

I hear you i know alot of people that did the same thing. they're a little slow to figure out that it wasnt the pcg but there own actions and others like them that caused the whole mess

Old 04-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

The plan was to reduce the herd 5% for 10 years.

Quick Reply: PA harvest #'s?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.