Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA harvest #'s????????? >

PA harvest #'s?????????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA harvest #'s?????????

Old 04-09-2008, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA harvest #'s?????????

Getting back to the topic of harvest #'s , I find it interesting that last year we harvested more buck as BB then as 2.5 buck. Does anyone have any idea of how many BB survived to become 1.5 bucks next year?
Old 04-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Numbers crunching.... Could it be our old friend?
Old 04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: White-tail-deer

I looked back through a few posts and you may be on to something here!

We'll be sure soon enough. If you've guessed correctly, the familiar stench of dead deer will soon permeate this forum!
Old 04-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

I looked back through a few posts and you may be on to something here!

We'll be sure soon enough. If you've guessed correctly, the familiar stench of dead deer will soon permeate this forum!
Any more its hard to figure out which way to look for cause of the stench. Credibility from either side seems to be very hard to find. I'm really not seeing any good things coming our way in the future.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:48 PM

How could you say we are penalizing the youth hunt by practicing management. I grew up managing the herd back when hunters were the priority
Old 04-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you really believe there is only one hunter in PA that can add,subtract ,multiply and divide PGC stats? RSB posts reams of data and provides his misguided interpretations of that data on several message boards including thiss one. But even he can't explain why breeding rates and productivity have decreased as the herd has been reduced.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Do you really believe there is only one hunter in PA that can add,subtract ,multiply and divide PGC stats? RSB posts reams of data and provides his misguided interpretations of that data on several message boards including thiss one. But even he can't explain why breeding rates and productivity have decreased as the herd has been reduced.
RSB says its bad habitat that is causing less fawns.

the older doe are just not out there anymore,they were ones with fawns.

now we have very young doe left.

PREDATORS are making impact on fawns as we just dont have deer here in WMU2G to make up for loss.

i have owl in my yard, he has killed over 11 of my rabbits this year, thats in 3 months.
he also killed my bluebirds, many pigeons and many grouse.

i never in my life seen so many predators as i do now.

we stocked 50 birds for kids to pheasant hunt.

in 1 week, only 1 bird was left. yes,1 bird..30 years ago those birds would last all season.we had fox trapping then and bountys.

same with fawns, you have less deer so you have less fawns.
many adult doe are shot in late muzzleloader that had fawns ,i know i heard of hunters saying they saw fawns when cleaned out.

then throw in bears, coyotes, bobcats, fischers, yes, fischers are now killing fawns.

we never had those coyotes as we do now,they are bigtime fawn killer.

i dont feel its HABITAT that is causing less fawns,you have all these things going on now..

most of late muzzleloader hunters 30 years ago would PASS on doe in my area.
they only hunted a buck,now, they shoot doe.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

R.S.B. hasn't posted here since mid 2007 and your screen name has been acitve for 5 days so is it safe to assume you have been here before under some other name? Just curious.....your writing is very similar to a former member.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you forgetting that anyone can read the boards without registering or posting. I have been following RSB's posts on several boards and always get a laugh out the way he manipulates and ignores data and disagrees with the experts like Dr. Rosenberry.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Are you forgetting that anyone can read the boards without registering or posting. I have been following RSB's posts on several boards and always get a laugh out the way he manipulates and ignores data and disagrees with the experts like Dr. Rosenberry.
RSB happens to be the one WCO that told me adults are shooting deer then calling on radio to bring up tags.
at least he admitts what is going on and trys to stop it.

btbowhunter believes it is not happening,very sad or maybe he has his head in sand.

first, hunters doing this are NOT POACHERS ,they are average dad or uncle,cousin etc.

these are not bad people only people that are trying to see that their kids get a deer or CREW gets the meat.

with price of meat, no one is going to let deer walk if they have kid along.

enough of this righjt now, back to RSB .

we disagree all time on most of his comments.

i used to see 100 deer between wykoff run and keating ,pa.

this is about 15 miles on highway..

RSB drives it and says to me,SPROULE I SAW 13 DEER ,WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERE IS NO DEER.

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,i will let all of you think on that one,you have to laugh.

Quick Reply: PA harvest #'s?????????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.