Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
Hunters Score Big Victory in Princeton, NJ. >

Hunters Score Big Victory in Princeton, NJ.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hunters Score Big Victory in Princeton, NJ.

Old 02-06-2003, 11:55 AM

Default Hunters Score Big Victory in Princeton, NJ.

For those of you who haven't heard, on Feb 2nd the NJ Division of Fish & Wildlife voted against the use of hiring professional deer culling outfits such as White Buffalo by Princeton Township to reduce the deer herd this year.

The division has aknowledged that some of the public land in Princeton is suitable for sport hunting and as such local Garden State sportsmen and women should be given the opportunity to hunt such lands within the township.

This doesn't mean that all public land within Princeton will be open to sport hunting, but it does mean that most likely, some of it will.
It should be noted that Princeton NEVER had a deer problem until sport hunting was outlawed back in 1972.

Edited by - Stealthy_Bowman on 02/06/2003 12:57:08
Old 03-03-2003, 08:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunters Score Big Victory in Princeton, NJ.

That is great news. There are a ton of deer there. I can' t wait to find out where the public land will be.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great news for you Jersey hunters!
Old 03-03-2003, 03:44 PM

Unfortunately, I was a bit pre-mature in my excitement. The division of Fish & Wildlife changed their minds and decided to let Princeton Township officials hire White Buffalo Inc. to deal with their deer problem after all.
I am completely baffled as to why the Township prefers to continue to shell out tens-of thousands of dollars to have their deer herd in-humanely slaughtered by White Buffalo, which uses methods such as netting the deer followed by a bolt to the head to dispatch the animals. I' ve seen videos of this method and it made me sick to my stomach. Imagine a trapped deer in a net thrashing wildly as three guys try to keep it still while they attempt to fire a pressure bolt through its head. It' s truly appaling and downright disgusting.

Old 03-03-2003, 08:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a shame. Rich snobs that want the problem to just go away. They don' t care how gruesome or inhumane it is as long as they don' t have to see it.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:41 PM

It seems to me Stealth, that this could be an important opportunity for the hunters in New Jersey. What if hunters were to borrow a page from the anti' s and organize a high profile demonstration aimed at making the public aware of how inhumane this method is. Invite the media. Get them on our side for a change. I' m willing to bet that support could be gained from hunters outside of your local through this forum and others.
Hunters from all areas of this country have a great deal at stake in this issue. What if this method or some other alternative to sport hunting really catches on? Just think about the effect it would have on our sport.

Why is it? The NRA is bad for defending parts of the Constitution
but
the ACLU is good for defending parts of the Constitution.
Old 03-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

emlaur has a very good idea. I believe someone said they had seen video of these practices. If such evidence can be obtained we should use it to our advantage. Not to mention that if the discrepencies in numbers are as what has been described we could also use that to put this White Buffalo group on the defensive for once. I' d be willing to do anything I can to help since I' m only about 45 minutes from Princeton.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:27 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-11-2003, 06:59 PM

WELL DONE to the Bowhunters in the State. You guys are the MAN!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Hunters Score Big Victory in Princeton, NJ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.